• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked direct TV guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker

Cafe-Bro
10 Year Member
Last year, or when ever it was, there was a promotional thing on here for direct TV install. Is there another one? I'm ready to install direct TV. Somebody help me out please! I am so ready for some football!

I signed up to direct tv last summer just before the season started. We got the 2 year deal with free install. I don't know what they are promoting now but I would just keep checking with their website and looking for any flyers they send out. Keep in mind that the good deals are only thru online signup only. What they offer over the phone is very different. Also the 'free installation' offered runs all their cable on the exterior of your house. If you want to go thru the attic it is going to cost you. When you sign up it wont give you the option to request to go throught your attic, but there is a 'request' or 'note' section in the online form. Make a note that you want everything installed thru the attic then print that page. When the installers show up just show them that printed form. They will complain, but in the end will do a decent job.

We like direct tv - good customer service and you get a lot of channels for the price.

PS make sure you get the insurance on your receiver. Ours crapped out after three months and lost all our saved shows, including all the Husker Games... Heartbreaking. But they did hook us up with some free movie channels to make up for losing what we had saved.

If you are within a 2 hour radius of Omaha, call Clint at Technical Magic. http://www.localdtvdealer.com/technicalmagic/

Let me know when you are ready to sign up and I'll PM you my account number so we both get $10 off/month. Technical Magic also guarantees the install for 2 years, which DirectTV doesn't.

I am very happy with the setup and the 5-show 100hour whole home DVR. Works great almost all the time, even though we are on satellite internet out in the country...sometimes it gets knocked offline and has to be reset, but that's fairly minor pain. Haven't had any major weather issues with the dish reception at all.

If you have any written offers or can find an online offer that is something they don't offer, they will honor it if you have the ad.

Last edited:
If you are within a 2 hour radius of Omaha, call Clint at Technical Magic. http://www.localdtvdealer.com/technicalmagic/

Let me know when you are ready to sign up and I'll PM you my account number so we both get $10 off/month. Technical Magic also guarantees the install for 2 years, which DirectTV doesn't.

I am very happy with the setup and the 5-show 100hour whole home DVR. Works great almost all the time, even though we are on satellite internet out in the country...sometimes it gets knocked offline and has to be reset, but that's fairly minor pain. Haven't had any major weather issues with the dish reception at all.

If you have any written offers or can find an online offer that is something they don't offer, they will honor it if you have the ad.

I am 2 1/2 hrs away depending on how fast I drive. Is that close enough? Zip code is 68876. West of G.I. 20 miles

Except directv and the ABC and Fox channels out of Kearney-Grand Island are disputing and direct isn't carrying those channels right now

I signed up to direct tv last summer just before the season started. We got the 2 year deal with free install. I don't know what they are promoting now but I would just keep checking with their website and looking for any flyers they send out. Keep in mind that the good deals are only thru online signup only. What they offer over the phone is very different. Also the 'free installation' offered runs all their cable on the exterior of your house. If you want to go thru the attic it is going to cost you. When you sign up it wont give you the option to request to go throught your attic, but there is a 'request' or 'note' section in the online form. Make a note that you want everything installed thru the attic then print that page. When the installers show up just show them that printed form. They will complain, but in the end will do a decent job.

We like direct tv - good customer service and you get a lot of channels for the price.

PS make sure you get the insurance on your receiver. Ours crapped out after three months and lost all our saved shows, including all the Husker Games... Heartbreaking. But they did hook us up with some free movie channels to make up for losing what we had saved.

I signed up during the big Huskermax drive in the spring of 2011. Like most folks my bill has slowing been creeping up and up and up. I just got off the phone with them and they cut my bill by over 45 a month. Needless to say I am staying with them for awhile. dish never did that for me and I left. If this makes anyone sign up for Directv get my account number so we can both save the ten dollars a month.

I signed up during the big Huskermax drive in the spring of 2011. Like most folks my bill has slowing been creeping up and up and up. I just got off the phone with them and they cut my bill by over 45 a month. Needless to say I am staying with them for awhile. dish never did that for me and I left. If this makes anyone sign up for Directv get my account number so we can both save the ten dollars a month.

I don't understand all this bill creeping up. I've been with Directv since 2008 and my bill has been the same, unless of course I add something. BTW, just got the new Genie DVR, can finally record and watch more than 2 shows at a time. It's great!

I don't understand all this bill creeping up. I've been with Directv since 2008 and my bill has been the same, unless of course I add something. BTW, just got the new Genie DVR, can finally record and watch more than 2 shows at a time. It's great!

That has never happened to me and I've been with directv twice and dish once. My bill normally doubles by the end of the first year but with this last go around with directv they have consistently reduced my bill when I call and asked about it. This last reduction will be good for six months to one year and then I'll start the process again.

I'll have to check out the Genie DVR, thanks for the heads up. We have two dvr's and are taping constantly. I just got most of the Husker games moved to DVD and off the DVR for this season to get ready for the bowl games.

Last edited:
That has never happened to me and I've been with directv twice and dish once. My bill normally doubles by the end of the first year but with this last go around with directv they have consistently reduced my bill when I call and asked about it. This last reduction will be good for six months to one year and then I'll start the process again.

I'll have to check out the Genie DVR, thanks for the heads up. We have two dvr's and are taping constantly. I just got most of the Husker games moved to DVD and off the DVR for this season to get ready for the bowl games.

I think I misread your first post, thought you were saying your bill was consistently going up. It's early yet this morning so my cognitive skills aren't awake yet.

Yeah, the genie is great. The only bad thing is my last DVR was 1.5 terabytes and the genie is just 1. The great thing is though, is your can record up to 5 shows at once, so I don't run into all those conflicts where 2 things want to record but I want to watch a third :thumbsup:. The other thing is, all my other boxes were replaced with "clients", about half the size of the normal box and I can pause and rewind and watch recorded shows from any of them. This whole upgrade was free and didn't change my monthly bill. Now, the first time I asked about it they tried to charge me, then I called and talked to someone else a week later and it was free. LOL. I could tell the first lady I talked to didn't seem like she really knew what she was talking about. The other thing, I wasn't under contract so I just signed a new one to get all that.

Last edited:
the one thing I liked about dish was you could add an external hard drive to increase your storage. when I switched to directv I found I could add an external hard drive but it replaced the internal drive on the dvr; you could not use both. I hope they fix that at some point.

Our current set up is two dvr's and whole home sharing. So we can record two different shows on each dvr but have to watch one of those four shows live. We can record four different shows and watched a stored show but not a fifth live show at the same time. So on saturdays I can tape three 1100 games and watch one and the same for the 2:30 games and so on.

I used these guys from the Huskermax website. They got me a great deal for switching from Dish.
Brent C. Harriman
DirectHome Service
Office: (877) 638-3388
Local: (281) 358-0592
Cell: (281) 361-2730
Email:[email protected]

And PM me if you use them .............I could use the $10/month discount !!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back