• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Different Vibe this Spring?

Flat Water

Recruit
2 Year Member
Reports from the Saturday scrimmage were generally extremely positive and seemed to reflect a belief that this year's team will be both deeper and more talented than the teams we've seen in recent years, especially at the wideout position and on defense. More generally, there seems to be an air of confidence about this team. I'm probably just getting an early start on my Kool-Aid drinking this year, but something feels different. I'm going to be very curious to see how the team develops through the remainder of the spring and the fall.

Every spring we are like Randy Quaid’s character in Major League 2. We talk ourselves into believing we are going to have a great season. And then...

HzMIQ0.gif

Hey, we gotta be right sometime. What better time than now?

I do sense something different with this team. The number of defensive starters that chose to return and the positive impact they should have on the field cannot be overstated. The offense needs some key players to remain healthy. NU is not tOSU, Bama, or any of the other teams essentially guaranteed a great season, but I do feel they have the pieces to be a legitimate contender in the West.

Reports from the Saturday scrimmage were generally extremely positive and seemed to reflect a belief that this year's team will be both deeper and more talented than the teams we've seen in recent years, especially at the wideout position and on defense. More generally, there seems to be an air of confidence about this team. I'm probably just getting an early start on my Kool-Aid drinking this year, but something feels different. I'm going to be very curious to see how the team develops through the remainder of the spring and the fall.
I think the Defense has a reason to have some confidence, because they have improved overall and over the course of the season last year. The Offense and Special Teams really don't have much tangible info to base confidence on, because they have been a mess for awhile now. But you have to start somewhere, and I hope the players really believe in each other and are dedicated to excellence. Those things can breed some early season confidence by themselves. Hopefully we will also see a more consistent intensity. None of this winning a game one week and then coming out the next week at home like you would rather be fishing.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back