• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Did you know...

I did the research for you.

YearTeamNU ptsOther PtsFinal Opponent Rank (AP)Final NU Rank (AP)
1987​
Florida State
28​
31​
2​
6​
1988​
Miami
3​
23​
2​
10​
1989​
Florida State
17​
41​
2​
12​
1990​
Georgia Tech
21​
45​
1​
18​
1991​
Miami
0​
22​
2​
16​
1992​
Florida State
14​
27​
2​
14​
1993​
Florida State
16​
18​
1​
3​
I want to say 5 of those were to FL teams in, ahem, FL. Two of those were to scUM, at their home stadium. It always irked me that we weren't allowed a larger ticket allotment to combat that.

[1937-1944]

Tom Osborne is only 7.5 years older than Frank Solich. TO's first year as an assistant coach at NU was FS's second year in college.

The ball was made more pointed at the ends in 1934; this change is generally credited to Shorty Ray, a college football official at the time, and later the NFL's head of officiating. This made passing the ball easier, as was its intent, but made the drop kick almost immediately obsolete, as the more pointed ball did not bounce up from the ground reliably. The drop kick was supplanted by the place kick, which cannot be attempted out of a formation generally used as a running or passing set. While it remains in the rules, the drop kick is seldom seen, and as explained below, is rarely effective when attempted.
Wikipedia
Drop kick .....

or .....

:Lol:

The ball was made more pointed at the ends in 1934; this change is generally credited to Shorty Ray, a college football official at the time, and later the NFL's head of officiating. This made passing the ball easier, as was its intent, but made the drop kick almost immediately obsolete, as the more pointed ball did not bounce up from the ground reliably. The drop kick was supplanted by the place kick, which cannot be attempted out of a formation generally used as a running or passing set. While it remains in the rules, the drop kick is seldom seen, and as explained below, is rarely effective when attempted.
Wikipedia

FB_IMG_1713643943859.jpg

The best backs ever in the NFL
Go Big Red!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back