• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Damion Daniels will announce at 10:35 AM CST on ESPN on NSD (1 February).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry about the burnout factor with these Texas kids. They need to back off down there
I coached in Texas for 10 years. I was never a fan of spring ball, but it only lasts 2-3 weeks. They really aren't burned out. If they are, it's due to the fact many of the top athletes participate in 3 or 4 sports throughout the year. Many outside of the state do not have a realistic or accurate view of Texas football as far as the athletes are concerned.

You could be absolutely correct, but that's a whole lot of assumptions.

DDs dad played NFL football.
DDs brother was a 4* and slated to start at osu.
DDs stats were equal to or greater than his brother's in most categories.
Parrella had a successful NFL career.
Parrella is better at evaluating DL talent than you or me.

These are not assumptions. They are facts available to anyone interested in learning about the prospect vs painting him with a broad brush because of the state in which he resides.

If Parrella thinks he can work Daniels into the Diaco scheme, I'll roll with it.

That is a very good question. Honestly I have not hear anything. Then again we have a new D-Coord too.

I am hopeful we gain this commit.

Unless Colorado is sticking with Joe Tumpkin at DC, then they have yet to name a new DC, which can only help Nebraska in gaining Daniels' commit. NU switching to the 3-4 should help as well since Daniels is big enough to play Nose Tackle and Diaco/Parrella can sell him on being the big man in the middle. We'll just have to wait and see who Colorado hires and if Leavitt tries to get Daniels to Oregon. UTSA being in his final three is odd. What is the story with that? Family ties?

Unless Colorado is sticking with Joe Tumpkin at DC, then they have yet to name a new DC, which can only help Nebraska in gaining Daniels' commit. NU switching to the 3-4 should help as well since Daniels is big enough to play Nose Tackle and Diaco/Parrella can sell him on being the big man in the middle. We'll just have to wait and see who Colorado hires and if Leavitt tries to get Daniels to Oregon. UTSA being in his final three is odd. What is the story with that? Family ties?

We are/were the presumed leaders anyway so yeah I would agree with you.

I have to believe BIG leaders when you look at a DCoordinatorless CU team and UTSA.

DDs dad played NFL football.
DDs brother was a 4* and slated to start at osu.
DDs stats were equal to or greater than his brother's in most categories.
Parrella had a successful NFL career.
Parrella is better at evaluating DL talent than you or me.

These are not assumptions. They are facts available to anyone interested in learning about the prospect vs painting him with a broad brush because of the state in which he resides.

If Parrella thinks he can work Daniels into the Diaco scheme, I'll roll with it.
Only meant that it's presumptuous to assume success based on filial connections.

As to Parrella's credentials, I have no argument.

I think that relationship between DC Diaco and Parella is going to be a big deal and something to really watch closely over the course of time.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/dt...w-husker-d-coordinator-this-week?preview=true

Damion Daniels hosting new Husker DC this week

Mike Matya | Recruiting Analyst

qz0fqdkrcehh7np54okn

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back