• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dabo says "we're the best ever"!

Best stat of 1995?

None of our quarterbacks were sacked. Ever.

That's as much a testament to Frazier's punishing running style as it is to the Pipeline's unbreakable resolve.

You want to be the best team ever? Go undefeated while absolutely curb stomping every opponent into oblivion... and do it without a scratch.

Last edited:
He did say it but a lot of his premise was that they are the 1st ever team to go 15-0. All the other playoff MNC's teams have had at least 1 loss.

He did say it but a lot of his premise was that they are the 1st ever team to go 15-0. All the other playoff MNC's teams have had at least 1 loss.
He also opinioned that since there had been the discussion that Al. was the best team ever and they had defeated Al., Clemson deserved consideration for best team ever.

He also opinioned that since there had been the discussion that Al. was the best team ever and they had defeated Al., Clemson deserved consideration for best team ever.
Him saying that Alabama was the best team ever, up to that point, is moot....Like Nebraska in 83, a loss, no matter in the MNC game or not, disqualifies you for GOAT talk, IMO. in 95, people were saying Nebraska was one of the greatest teams ever and then NU shellacked Florida in the Fiesta Bowl to pretty much validate it, again IMO.

Him saying that Alabama was the best team ever, up to that point, is moot....Like Nebraska in 83, a loss, no matter in the MNC game or not, disqualifies you for GOAT talk, IMO. in 95, people were saying Nebraska was one of the greatest teams ever and then NU shellacked Florida in the Fiesta Bowl to pretty much validate it, again IMO.
Simple, the greatest of all doesn’t almost lose twice as Clemson did. Especially with that weak SOS.

I don’t recall anyone stating prior to the whooping of FL. that Nebraska was the greatest of all. What I do recall was how Fl. was going to wump Nebraska. Maybe I missed that talk.

It is cool that he gave credit to Jesus.

We all know Jesus loves football, especially of the college variety ;) I'm sure he had a say in the outcome of this game...

Edit: I do see Saban as the devil so maybe his strength was better this time than previously ;)

Last edited:
Simple, the greatest of all doesn’t almost lose twice as Clemson did. Especially with that weak SOS.

I don’t recall anyone stating prior to the whooping of FL. that Nebraska was the greatest of all. What I do recall was how Fl. was going to wump Nebraska. Maybe I missed that talk.
It was mostly NU fans and a few national pundits, who did not work for ESPN. It was basically something along the lines of "If Nebraska was to beat Florida convincingly, would they be one of the GOAT?" things....not alot of talk, just enough that, IMO, was validated by the results of the Fiesta Bowl. And it may of just been the few talking heads that I actually listened to in those days saying this. It definitely wasn't anyone (that I recall) from ESPN.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back