• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

D1 Regional Projections - 5 B1G teams listed to make a regional (May 11, 2021) ** UPDATED May 24, 2021 **

BW22SM

Recruit
2 Year Member
Updated bids by conference: ACC (9), SEC (9), Pac 12 (6), Big 12 (5), Big Ten (5), Conference USA (4), American (2), Missouri Valley (2)

Nebraska in Arkansas regional as 2 seed.

Michigan in Texas regional as a 2 seed.

Indiana in Notre Dame regional as 2 seed.

Ioa in Tortilla Tech regional as a 3 seed.

Maryland in Vanderbilt regional as a 3 seed.

Not a bad projection with 3 weeks left for a "crappy conference".

Last edited:

Interesting. So they’re right now looking at being the 32nd or 33rd seeded team in the field of 64. One way to look at is in that region there would also be the 64th seed and 48th.

Five teams would be pretty impressive, personally thinking there would be four at the most.

Highly unpredictable how much interest the selection committee will have in the Big Ten.

You've got the top six teams in the Big Ten all with RPI's between roughly 65 and 100 -- with not much opportunity to improve significantly. Reason being, the Big Ten played zero non-conference teams -- so Big Ten teams get no assistance from the computers when teams outside of the Big Ten that may have been opponents do well. Our RPI's (and other metrics) completely rely on each team only within the Big Ten -- so it basically waters down any metric the committee could use. That's how the conference RPI ends up ranking the Big Ten as 11th among all conferences.

Will the Big Ten really be battle-tested in the postseason, when they haven't played any teams outside their own conference? Or will it matter?

Highly unpredictable how much interest the selection committee will have in the Big Ten.

You've got the top six teams in the Big Ten all with RPI's between roughly 65 and 100 -- with not much opportunity to improve significantly. Reason being, the Big Ten played zero non-conference teams -- so Big Ten teams get no assistance from the computers when teams outside of the Big Ten that may have been opponents do well. Our RPI's (and other metrics) completely rely on each team only within the Big Ten -- so it basically waters down any metric the committee could use. That's how the conference RPI ends up ranking the Big Ten as 11th among all conferences.

Will the Big Ten really be battle-tested in the postseason, when they haven't played any teams outside their own conference? Or will it matter?
Well, I would say, no matter is Mich struggles, or not, they are the voters fair haired Big 10 team!! Bite me!!

Updated bids by conference: ACC (9), SEC (9), Pac 12 (6), Big 12 (5), Big Ten (5), Conference USA (4), American (2), Missouri Valley (2)

what is your prediction on how many make it out of the first round?

Skers need to go in as a 2 seed in a bracket where the four has one dude.

Put the 1 seed in the losers and see what happens. We have deep pitching. If that scenario plays out, we go to supers.

Skers need to go in as a 2 seed in a bracket where the four has one dude.

Put the 1 seed in the losers and see what happens. We have deep pitching. If that scenario plays out, we go to supers.
Maybe Van Horn has been slow playing it, building up a powerhouse in Arkansas hoping to cross paths with Nebraska in the playoffs so he can lay an egg against us propelling us to a Natty....

a guy can dream

If he is a dick, there must be another reason you think that. Being a successful and brilliant coach does NOT make one a "dick".
Just an opinion. :Nothingtoadd:
Nick Saban could sure be classified as a successful and brilliant coach, but I always thought he was kind of a dick. Maybe it's just the way he carries himself. Or maybe it's the Aflac commercials.

No interest in your question based on your opinion of B1G baseball. Bait someone else, I don't fish.

lol, oh come one.. you were telling everyone about how good the big10 is, this should be easy for you.

I will make a prediction, i'm not scared.

Baseball america is showing NU in the Fort Worth regional..

1) TCU
2) NU
3)Dallas baptist
4) Oral Roberts

Nebraska plays and wins against DB, goes on to play TCU in the final and loses.

Michigan plays Indy State and wins, plays Notre Dame in finals, loses.

Iowa loses to Gonzaga

Indy takes out Virginia but loses to Tennesse in the finals.

Of course, that is if that projection holds true.

If he is a dick, there must be another reason you think that. Being a successful and brilliant coach does NOT make one a "dick".
Just an opinion. :Nothingtoadd:
Well, you can buy me a beer some time and I'll tell you all the first hand stories I have about why he is such a great coach and such a dick.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back