• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

D-Day 76th Anniversary

Like my father...thanks to all of your parents/grandparents who fought and shed blood for our freedoms.

Never, ever forget. Heading out now with my son to deliver meals to some local vets. I'm so proud my senior-to-be 17 year old appreciates these men and women. They are so often forgotten in this crazy world in which we live.

Last edited:

It almost brings me to tears what these men and women sacrificed during that war. When Saving Private Ryan came out it really brought home to me the horrors of war, not only physically but psychologically as well. I’ve read many books and watched many movies on WW2 and it just doesn’t depict the horror. I honor the hero’s that volunteer for service to put there lives in harms way. Bless them all. :Usflag:

It almost brings me to tears what these men and women sacrificed during that war. When Saving Private Ryan came out it really brought home to me the horrors of war, not only physically but psychologically as well. I’ve read many books and watched many movies on WW2 and it just doesn’t depict the horror. I honor the hero’s that volunteer for service to put there lives in harms way. Bless them all. :Usflag:
It's the type of thing I think about when the National Anthem is played.

Not trying to get political, disrespect or sidetrack this thread but how I wish we had that generations leadership today! God bless them and the huge sacrifices they made so I can type this message today. I will see you again some day grandpa. Thank you for all you did for me and this fine country.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back