• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Current analytical projection

It wasn't necessarily a statement about the Big 10 being down. But since you brought it up it really cannot be denied. Any "metric" will tell you that. And your eyes tell you that too if you're being honest. It's not anywhere near a strong league this season. That's just a fact.

And yes...there is still plenty of basketball left. Any of those three teams can still play their way in but they all have a lot of work to do. But as of today none of them have much of a gripe.
Bullspit Bilsker... I watched the Ole Miss v Mizzou game last night.. it was utterly terrible basketball. Nebraska would beat Missouri 7 out of 10 times if you ask me.

The SEC is getting credit for Tennessee and Auburn being way up this year. The entire conference is nothing special.

If Nebraska gets to 23 and gets left out there better be outrage from the commish.

Bullspit Bilsker... I watched the Ole Miss v Mizzou game last night.. it was utterly terrible basketball. Nebraska would beat Missouri 7 out of 10 times if you ask me.

The SEC is getting credit for Tennessee and Auburn being way up this year. The entire conference is nothing special.

If Nebraska gets to 23 and gets left out there better be outrage from the commish.
23 PROBABLY does it.

But the big 10 is down. Significantly. To say otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

The fact that only 2 of 14 teams have RPIs over 100...106 and 111...says that there is more to it than two teams being up (you didn't mention Kentucky being down relative to where they usually are).

p.s. Did you watch the nebraska-Indiana game last night? Do you think anyone watched that game and thought "whoo doggie...don't want no part of them!" Nebraska just dropped a game to Illinois....and they'd beat Missou 7 of 10? C'mon man.

Last edited:
23 PROBABLY does it.

But the big 10 is down. Significantly. To say otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

p.s. Did you watch the nebraska-Indiana game last night? Do you think anyone watched that game and thought "whoo doggie...don't want no part of them!" Nebraska just dropped a game to Illinois....and they'd beat Missou 7 of 10? C'mon man.
Mizzou lost to Illinois on a neutral court... Nebraska was being killed for 1 loss to UCF that is not even that bad of loss since it was really an way game.

Nebraska does not look like an elite team but a pretty good team they are... I actually think they would beat Creighton more than half the time right now. The Illinois loss was a panic loss (and is killing the resume that previously had no losses to Quad 3 and 4 teams) and last night it seems lost on folks that Indiana was riding a 4 game win streak. Indiana was leading Duke with about 7 mins to go... its not a garbage basketball team.

If we were Wisconsin and had 21 wins right now we would be a 4 seed.
wisconsin has the 43rd ranked SOS so their RPI/kenpom/etc would be much higher.

These "bracketologists" want to be RIGHT. They don't let biases play too much into their thinking because their credibility is almost entirely based on being as right as possible.

wisconsin has the 43rd ranked SOS so their RPI/kenpom/etc would be much higher.

These "bracketologists" want to be RIGHT. They don't let biases play too much into their thinking because their credibility is almost entirely based on being as right as possible.
I think so many of them are taking the quadrant thing to heart... NCAA sent a memo and now they think it is gospel being not who you lose to but who you beat... Not losing still matters and I am banking on Nebraska being in if they win Sunday and win 1 game in the tournament... especially if it is Michigan.

I think so many of them are taking the quadrant thing to heart... NCAA sent a memo and now they think it is gospel being not who you lose to but who you beat... Not losing still matters and I am banking on Nebraska being in if they win Sunday and win 1 game in the tournament... especially if it is Michigan.
Who they already beat by 20.

Mizzou lost to Illinois on a neutral court... Nebraska was being killed for 1 loss to UCF that is not even that bad of loss since it was really an way game.

Nebraska does not look like an elite team but a pretty good team they are... I actually think they would beat Creighton more than half the time right now. The Illinois loss was a panic loss (and is killing the resume that previously had no losses to Quad 3 and 4 teams) and last night it seems lost on folks that Indiana was riding a 4 game win streak. Indiana was leading Duke with about 7 mins to go... its not a garbage basketball team.

You think NU is being killed for the loss to UCF? How do you figure? UCF doesn't count as a bad loss as far as I know.

The reality is NU has played a weak schedule, has 1 good win and 1 terrible loss. That doesn't translate into a great RPI/Kenpom/etc. NU has not proven they can beat good teams. Missou has...4 times v. 2 bad losses.

Indiana isn't a "garbage" team but if you watched that game you saw a lot of garbage basketball. 33 total turnovers and 2 teams that couldn't secure a defensive rebound and 9/36 3 point shooting. It was not a well played basketball game by any stretch of the immagination. St. John's BEAT duke and St. John's is a s--- team (well, talented but still a bad TEAM).

The quadrant thing is so stupid
It really isn't different than what they used to do. Top 50 wins, top 100, etc. The difference being that they acknowledged that a road win over #60 probably deserves as much credit as a home win against 45.

WHO you meat matters.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back