• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Current analytical projection

The site that I follow and used to start this thread had us projected to lose to Illinois and still be a #12 seed; so, all is not lost. But, we're now shown as one of the first teams out.

Conference race:
upload_2018-2-19_6-44-51.png

Quick snippet of last teams in = we need to get our 27% up to the 40% of Louisville.
upload_2018-2-19_6-46-16.png

Expected results:
upload_2018-2-19_6-47-46.png

Two more wins, including the games in the B1G tournament and we are in decent shape.

upload_2018-2-19_6-50-11.png

Temple 15-12 is in??????? This is so stupid! It used to be 20 wins and above .500 conference record to get in. So only 4 big 10 teams are going to qualify? when is the last time the big 10 only had 4 teams qualify? If our name was Wisconsin we would be rated and locked up a tourney bid already with this record.

The Penn St game will be tough and so will Indiana for that matter.

The winner of PSU-NU will be very much in the hunt for an NCAA Tournament bid. The loser is probably out -- barring at least an appearance in the Big Ten tournament final.

That will be a huge game. Though realistically, every game is now huge with our backs against the wall.

Q&A with Jerry Palm, on BTN:

http://btn.com/2018/02/19/qa-jerry-palm-sizes-up-big-ten-in-ncaa-field/

Q: What about Nebraska and Penn State?
A: Nebraska hasn’t got much. Penn State has the sweep of Ohio State, but played a terrible non-conference schedule and took a couple of bad losses. They just don’t have enough to make up for it right now. Nebraska’s loss at Illinois is its worst loss of the year, their first Quadrant Three or worse loss. It was a bad time for that. They beat Michigan at home, but that’s it. And it’s just not enough. Unless one of those two teams makes a strong run in the Big Ten tournament—not just winning games, but beating teams that help you—there really isn’t much for either one of those. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for either one of those.

Nebraska and Penn State play each other at the end of the regular season in Lincoln. That’s basically an elimination game. If they both aren’t eliminated already, the loser of that game pretty much has to win the conference tourney to make the NCAA field because by the time you get enough good wins, you’ve won the conference tournament.

as in...you think there should be more?

If NU (RPI 60), Maryland (58) and PSU (76) which of those teams should be in in your opinion...assuming selection day was today.

So another Big 10 is down post. I won’t comment until I see how the season plays out. Nebraska might be deserving...we’ll see.

So another Big 10 is down post. I won’t comment until I see how the season plays out. Nebraska might be deserving...we’ll see.
It wasn't necessarily a statement about the Big 10 being down. But since you brought it up it really cannot be denied. Any "metric" will tell you that. And your eyes tell you that too if you're being honest. It's not anywhere near a strong league this season. That's just a fact.

And yes...there is still plenty of basketball left. Any of those three teams can still play their way in but they all have a lot of work to do. But as of today none of them have much of a gripe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back