• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

everyone is going to get wuhan virus. hydroxychloroquine still coming in at over 90% effective treating everyone. safety established with a 80 year history of use. wash your hands, wear a mask and if you are over say 60 years old avoid large gatherings. get back to work. treat at early onset. seems a large number of false negatives in testing. good luck

And Belgium and Ireland had higher deaths than Sweden despite heavy lockdowns.

I think the biggest factors tend to be how hard the nursing homes/aged get hit in different locales. Sweden's admitted they should have done a better job of that, while Germany's done a great job for instance. Sweden's population is over 20% of people over 65 while Norway's is a bit younger at 17% (which shows up in their relative death rates already 8/1000 vs 9.4/1000.

I think it's also different for places that depend on trade and foreign interaction and more travel means more starting points. Sweden is heavily dependent on foreign trade while Norway is heavy into localized natural resources (oil and gas)

And that isn't to mention how they are coding deaths by the virus as another factor.

There's a lot we don't know yet, but in any case, it was always the point that the lockdowns wouldn't change the area under the curve, and could instead prevent extra deaths due to health care systems being overwhelmed. Sweden's health care system has never been in any danger of being overwhelmed, and they don't have the looming questions of how to end the lockdowns.
With a much higher near herd immunity, it'll slow much quicker for Sweden as well.

hydroxychloroquine still coming in at over 90% effective treating everyone. safety established with a 80 year history of use.

Please don't spread misinformation, at least in this thread. The majority of evidence indicates that it is ineffective and carries the risk of heart problems. If you want to tout something, tout remdesivir. At least there is some evidence that remdesivir has positive effects.

Last edited:
Please don't spread misinformation, at least in this thread. The majority of evidence indicates that it is ineffective and carries the risk of heart problems. If you want to tout something, tout remdesivir. At least there is some evidence that remdesivir has positive effects.

please take your own advice and post real facts, not some made up politicol bs. you should be banned from this site. remdesivir is an unproven entity for both safety and effectiveness. it might get there and it might not. at this point it should not be mentioned as nothing more than a possiblity.

please take your own advice and post real facts, not some made up politicol bs. you should be banned from this site. remdesivir is an unproven entity for both safety and effectiveness. it might get there and it might not. at this point it should not be mentioned as nothing more than a possiblity.

We have one study of remdesivir. It showed positive results. We have multiple studies of hydroclorinique. Nearly all show no positive results. That's science, not politics. I personally don't care what drugs are found to be effective, as long as some are. So please don't project your political biases onto me.

We have one study of remdesivir. It showed positive results. We have multiple studies of hydroclorinique. Nearly all show no positive results. That's science, not politics. I personally don't care what drugs are found to be effective, as long as some are. So please don't project your political biases onto me.
/what did they have 9 people in the remdesovir trial, give me a break. prove it first then prove safety. tell us why is the ceo of Bayer starting to produce billions of doses of hydroxychloroquine. how many hundreds of thousands world wide have had positive results with safety and effectiveness coming back at over 90% positive treating all patients regardless of beginning condition
well???

/what did they have 9 people in the remdesovir trial, give me a break. prove it first then prove safety. tell us why is the ceo of Bayer starting to produce billions of doses of hydroxychloroquine. how many hundreds of thousands world wide have had positive results with safety and effectiveness coming back at over 90% positive treating all patients regardless of beginning condition
well???

“A total of 68 sites ultimately joined the study—47 in the United States and 21 in countries in Europe and Asia.”

Note that one of those sites is the UNMC.

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-event...esivir-accelerates-recovery-advanced-covid-19

well???

Not even close to correct. The remdesivir trial is ongoing with thousands of patients at 60+ sites around the world, but preliminary results have been released. All evidence indicates that hydrochloriquine is a bust. Read the material in the links I posted. Read the other research.

well???

Google is your friend, and it's right here at UNMC.

Not even close to correct. The remdesivir trial is ongoing with thousands of patients at 60+ sites around the world, but preliminary results have been released. All evidence indicates that hydrochloriquine is a bust. Read the material in the links I posted. Read the other research.
nothing like a complete politically driven lie of misimformation. where are the safety studies? and lets not even try and address the All evidence statement. out

please read your post. ONGOING??? what part of this new chemical entity is different from any other? the answer is nothing until it can proven to be both safe and effective. right now it may become a backup for hydroxychloroquine and in severe cases with very poor outcomes.

too soon to call on this experiment

I agree it's still early, but then testing did start Feb 21st long before Covid 19 became an issue here in the US.

Hydroxychloroquine use would have come after that, so if time of testing determines too soon, then it seems to me both are in the same position.

I agree it's still early, but then testing did start Feb 21st long before Covid 19 became an issue here in the US.

Hydroxychloroquine use would have come after that, so if time of testing determines too soon, then it seems to me both are in the same position.
give me reproducible safe and effective results. we dont need 3 legged kids being born 10 years from this.
dont need msnbc, cnn, or fox giving us peer reviews on poorly conducted, misguided, and possibly political studies.

Last edited by a moderator:

give me reproducible safe and effective results. we dont need 3 legged kids being born 10 years from this.
dont need msnbc, cnn, or fox giving us peer reviews on poorly conducted, misguided, and possibly political studies.

You really feel UNMC falls under those examples. I'd say UNMC's remdesivir study was one of the best studies of anything out there. You tout Hydroxychloroquine, which has had some good results, but it hasn't been used in a blind study for Covid 19 the way remdesivir was in the UNMC study. So technically only one of those products has been used in a blind study to insure no bias, and that's remdesivir.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back