• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cormier Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I believe that this kid ran a 4.49. However most of these kids are referring to “hand heldâ€￾ times that are most often run on a track. When they get to the combine and run the 40 on turf and the time is electronic it takes at least .21 off of their time. That is why at the combine a sub 4.40 is rare.

When you say "takes off", I assume you mean that it makes the time slower. Electronic times are always about .20 seconds slower than hand-held times. That is why I don't get real excited about blazing 40 times unless I know that electronic timing was used. And you are correct that sub 4.40 electronic 40s are very rare. I have heard of world-class sprinters running sub 4.40 40s, but I am very skeptical of high school athletes that run sub 4.40 40s.

Last edited:

“They (Nebraska) are really interested in me. I guess with my speed, get to play in the Big Ten conference that would be huge. There’s not much speed in the Big Ten football.â€￾ Cormier said :)

Give the kid a break, he is most likely just parroting back the "pitch" our recruiter used on him. It's the sign of an effective recruiter. Tell the kid what you're gonna tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them. Then they remember and tell someone else.

Fan, would you please make an effort to come up with relevant comments on some of this stuff. You make some good comments and then this last one is so far out in left field it is ridiculous. I know you have a good football understanding, help us don't pull us down. Thanks for your consideration.

I need to remember to log on every time on here otherwise having the greatest troll of all on ignore doesn't do me any good. As fas as this kids speed goes it appears that no matter what his 40 time is he gets in and out of cuts without having to throttle down much and that is huge for a running back. Ever try to catch a jackrabbit?

When you say "takes off", I assume you mean that it makes the time slower. Electronic times are always about .20 seconds slower than hand-held times. That is why I don't get real excited about blazing 40 times unless I know that electronic timing was used. And you are correct that sub 4.40 electronic 40s are very rare. I have heard of world-class sprinters running sub 4.40 40s, but I am very skeptical of high school athletes that run sub 4.40 40s.

That is correct. We were a C-2 school and had a kid clocked at a 4.43 hand held so while it is fast it is not as rare.

Lot of fast kids out here....so I agree.....point being that 4.49 on a football field is fast.....kid makes an innocent statement about how slow the Big Ten is all of a sudden he becomes a old man with a cain....;):eek::Biggrin:

Nope he never said he was the fastest guy around....but go watch his film....he has some serious giddy-up, vision and feel for the game....and he has football speed...not just straight on speed like T-Mart....

Yeah he could haul butt...:)

Oh and I haven't seen to many kickers or punters who can run a 4.49....;):Biggrin:

Here is his film:

[video=youtube_share;u09CdKCO-Pw]http://youtu.be/u09CdKCO-Pw[/video]

Very fast, and very good acceleration. He is an efficient runner, it seems. By that I mean he just hits the hole and runs North and South as soon as possible. Ne unneeded jukes, just efficiency.

Reminds me of Jarvis Redwine.

Last edited:
That is correct. We were a C-2 school and had a kid clocked at a 4.43 hand held so while it is fast it is not as rare.
I coached in a very small Nebraska high school and one of my coaching buddies told me that when he timed his kids for recruiting purposes that he made sure he timed them late in the afternoon with the sun at their back and he would time the kids shadow crossing the line. :lol: I don't know that he actually done that but there is a tendency to portray your boys in the best possible light.

carrolltonsker is spot on with his observations in post 31.

I coached in a very small Nebraska high school and one of my coaching buddies told me that when he timed his kids for recruiting purposes that he made sure he timed them late in the afternoon with the sun at their back and he would time the kids shadow crossing the line. :lol: I don't know that he actually done that but there is a tendency to portray your boys in the best possible light.

"our RB's are running 3.89 40's!" Thats awesome. :lol:

I would agree that the stop watch gets a lil quick some times. My dad clocked me at a 4.5 ;)

Bottom line is I think most of us would agree this young man has some giddy-up on the football field along with vision and moves that would be a great addittion to Nebraska...:)

Bottom line is I think most of us would agree this young man has some giddy-up on the football field along with vision and moves that would be a great addittion to Nebraska...:)

Agreed. 40 yard dash is about as important as the bench press. Glad if your good at it but if you cant translate to the field what good is it.

Last edited:

Very fast, and very good acceleration. He is an efficient runner, it seems. By that I mean he just hits the hole and runs North and South as soon as possible. Ne unneeded jukes, just efficiency.

Reminds me of Jarvis Redwine.

I agree. He also reminds me of a certain NU back who now plays for the Redskins. I'm not a big fan of all the dancing (though sometimes its good), usually one cut and use your speed to get up the field gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back