• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cormier Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is 4.49 in the 40 an extremely fast time? He acts as if he's running a 4.3 or sub 4.4. There are plenty of people in the Big Ten that run a 4.49. It's nothing to cream yourself about. Heck, I ran a 4.47 in high school and I never once thought highly of it. Cormier apparently thinks highly of his 4.49 if he thinks there's rarely anyone in the Big Ten w/ that type of speed...

Last edited:

I stand behind what I said on the SEC...its been an issue for quite sometime....

Most of the post season games are between the Big 10 and SEC....and in the state of Florida....and that is the top teams from each league....that don't go the BCS route...

What your talking about involves the mid-level to lower teams with 6-6 and 7-5 records against the likes of the MAC and ACC...so honestly I take less stock in those results....because frankly those games don't matter as much....just go look at the records of the teams they sent to the Alamo Bowl all those years....usually theri 6 or 7th place team....

Anyway my apology for thread jacking this some more....

Back to topic...:)

They've played a good share vs. Big 12 as well. If you take less stock in the results of the MAC and ACC type games that only further damages what the Big 10 has done during bowl season.

As a comparison...Big 10's record vs. other conferences over the last 5 bowl seasons.

SEC: 5-9
Big 12: 3-9
Pac 10: 1-3
Mountain West: 0-1
Conference USA: 0-1
ACC: 3-2
MAC: 2-0

Not exactly doing alot to shoot down stereotypes. A good number of blowouts on the large stage hasn't helped the perception either.

The Big 10 has a lot of good, fast individual players, but their team's performance on the field needs to improve against their peers if they want to squash the bad rep.

Last edited:
Since when is 4.49 in the 40 an extremely fast time? He acts as if he's running a 4.3 or sub 4.4. There are plenty of people in the Big Ten that run a 4.49. It's nothing to cream yourself about. Heck, I ran a 4.47 in high school and I never once thought highly of it. Cormier apparently thinks highly of his 4.49 if he thinks there's rarely anyone in the Big Ten w/ that type of speed...

Great point BFMH. I was thinking the exact thing when I read it. This guy thinks he is Usain Bolt. Hell, our kickers run 4.49. Well maybe not that fast. He won't have to go far to see REAL speed. Have him watch the first day of Husker practice.

That is very fast...don't kid yourself....on a football field....go watch his film on the other thread if you don't think so....

I ran the 100 and 220 myself in school...and was a RB/WR....

He has heard all of the stereotypes out here in CA....

Maybe we should just tell him he is not good enough for us....right?

Last edited:
Awfully hard on a kid that never said what you are saying...seems like a real nice kid...who is very interested in Nebraska.....

Oh and 4.49 is fast on a football field...go watch his film on the other thread if you don't think so.

Really hope he is not reading this stuff....

Great point BFMH. I was thinking the exact thing when I read it. This guy thinks he is Usain Bolt. Hell, our kickers run 4.49. Well maybe not that fast. He won't have to go far to see REAL speed. Have him watch the first day of Husker practice.

Last edited:

Awfully hard on a kid that never said what you are saying...seems like a real nice kid...who is very interested in Nebraska.....

Oh and 4.49 is fast on a football field...go watch his film on the other thread if you don't think so.

Not to knock ya RR, but if he is, so be it as you can't tell these high schoolers forever how great they are. :) That being said, I highly doubt in Cali that he is the only guy running around at 4.49 so I'm sure he isn't saying he is the fastest guy around. I think he is just saying he is known for his above average speed and we want him for said speed, nothing more nothing less, and obviously that is the case. Maybe we should show him some highlights of Fabian Washington.. ;) :Biggrin:

Lot of fast kids out here....so I agree.....point being that 4.49 on a football field is fast.....kid makes an innocent statement about how slow the Big Ten is all of a sudden he becomes a old man with a cain....;):eek::Biggrin:

Nope he never said he was the fastest guy around....but go watch his film....he has some serious giddy-up, vision and feel for the game....and he has football speed...not just straight on speed like T-Mart....

Yeah he could haul butt...:)

Oh and I haven't seen to many kickers or punters who can run a 4.49....;):Biggrin:

Here is his film:

[video=youtube_share;u09CdKCO-Pw]http://youtu.be/u09CdKCO-Pw[/video]

Not to knock ya RR, but if he is, so be it as you can't tell these high schoolers forever how great they are. :) That being said, I highly doubt in Cali that he is the only guy running around at 4.49 so I'm sure he isn't saying he is the fastest guy around. I think he is just saying he is known for his above average speed and we want him for said speed, nothing more nothing less, and obviously that is the case. Maybe we should show him some highlights of Fabian Washington.. ;) :Biggrin:

Last edited:

No kidding, he looks really good on film leaving everybody in his dust. Just a kid making perceived statements. I hope we get this kid on campus GBR

Fwiw I believe that this kid ran a 4.49. However most of these kids are referring to “hand held” times that are most often run on a track. When they get to the combine and run the 40 on turf and the time is electronic it takes at least .21 off of their time. That is why at the combine a sub 4.40 is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back