• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cormier Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thansk as always....:) You guys rock....:)

I like our chances once he gets on campus....

“They (Nebraska) are really interested in me. I guess with my speed, get to play in the Big Ten conference that would be huge. There’s not much speed in the Big Ten football.” Cormier said

:)

There is plenty of speed in the Big Ten....he will find that out when he visits....

Anyway glad to have a shot at him....lets get him on campus and sell the program to him.....

Doesn't help when most of those Bowl games are played in Florida that is a big favor to the to the SEC teams (funny how they balked at playing playoff games up north too)....Tom Osbrone talked about that quite a bit as you may recall...so I could easily make the argument that it favors the SEC teams in the bowl games....funny how they rarely ever leave the south and when they do they usually don't do well....but that story never gets told....interesting Alabama just passed on a home and away with Wisconsin to boot in the past week too....a stereotype that fails to tell the whole truth...

Anyway back to Cormier....hope we get him...he would be a good fit for us...:)

Of course..the Big 10 hasn't done a good job of squashing that stereotype in its bowl games over the last 4-5 years

Last edited:

....funny how they rarely ever leave the south and when they do they usually don't do well....but that story never gets told....

It's funny you mention that. I have been wanting to compile some statistics on this for a long time, but just have never found the time. Scanning through results over the past several years it is clear that when SEC teams leave their region, they do not do nearly as well as one would expect for a conference that constantly promotes itself as the most awesome, dominant conference ever.

The BIG has always had the stigma of being a “Slow” league. Doesn’t really make all that much sense but would be thrilled to get this kid and have the only fast player on the field.

;)

Yup....

It's funny you mention that. I have been wanting to compile some statistics on this for a long time, but just have never found the time. Scanning through results over the past several years it is clear that when SEC teams leave their region, they do not do nearly as well as one would expect for a conference that constantly promotes itself as the most awesome, dominant conference ever.

Speed is always a good thing...:)

The BIG has always had the stigma of being a “Slow” league. Doesn’t really make all that much sense but would be thrilled to get this kid and have the only fast player on the field.

;)

Doesn't help when most of those Bowl games are played in Florida that is a big favor to the to the SEC teams (funny how they balked at playing playoff games up north too)....Tom Osbrone talked about that quite a bit as you may recall...so I could easily make the argument that it favors the SEC teams in the bowl games....funny how they rarely ever leave the south and when they do they usually don't do well....but that story never gets told....interesting Alabama just passed on a home and away with Wisconsin to boot in the past week too....a stereotype that fails to tell the whole truth...

Anyway back to Cormier....hope we get him...he would be a good fit for us...:)

It's not just the SEC though that they have struggled with. Over the last 5 years they have losing records against the Conference USA, Big 12 and Pac 10 as well. The only conferences they have winning records over are the ACC & MAC.

People assume it's because of the SEC dominance. While the SEC has been....it hasn't been just them. The conference is only 10-16 (8-16 sans the 2 MAC wins) against other conferences as well the last 5 years.

Last edited:

I stand behind what I said on the SEC...its been an issue for quite sometime....

Most of the post season games are between the Big 10 and SEC....and in the state of Florida....and that is the top teams from each league....that don't go the BCS route...

What your talking about involves the mid-level to lower teams with 6-6 and 7-5 records against the likes of the MAC and ACC...so honestly I take less stock in those results....because frankly those games don't matter as much....just go look at the records of the teams they sent to the Alamo Bowl all those years....usually theri 6 or 7th place team....

Anyway my apology for thread jacking this some more....

Back to topic...:)

It's not just the SEC though that they have struggled with. Over the last 5 years they have losing records against the Conference USA, Big 12 and Pac 10 as well. The only conferences they have winning records over are the ACC & MAC.

People assume it's because of the SEC dominance. While the SEC has been....it hasn't been just them. The conference is only 10-16 (8-16 sans the 2 MAC wins) against other conferences as well the last 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back