• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Consensus 4-star CB Chase Williams is N

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Riley loses recruits, it's on him! All fan bases are critical on their coaches. It's the nature of the beast. Seeing us struggle is much more hurtful than anything fans do.

Nah...if he's fired he has no responsibility to keep the recruits. It is a matter of perception. Recruiting is all about the next 4-5 years. When the AD gets axed in a knee jerk reaction to an upset loss it sends a message. If you don't think that is making it harder on MR and the staff you're not being objective or honest about the circumstances.

Nah...if he's fired he has no responsibility to keep the recruits. It is a matter of perception. Recruiting is all about the next 4-5 years. When the AD gets axed in a knee jerk reaction to an upset loss it sends a message. If you don't think that is making it harder on MR and the staff you're not being objective or honest about the circumstances.
True. Firing SE makes MR look to be near-gone, which can't do anything but hurt recruiting. If MR survives 2017 and puts together a really good class too, THAT would be monumental. 2019 will be affected too.

Last edited:
Watched the video and then I saw USC pop up and it was like someone popped my balloon. Then I saw the rest of the video. I actually like these videos.

I agree that it makes it tougher but I do not think it was a knee jerk reaction. I think this firing was a long time coming.

Whether you think it was a rash or rational decision, those making the decision had an agenda. The NIU loss embarrassed the money and they demanded change. SE was the easy target. It could have been better planned if they want a change. Its no mystery that the AD and the HC he hired are joined at the hip and everyone in the college football world can see what's coming. Now, MR might make it hard if the team pulls it together and makes 2017 a respectable season. Here's to a big thumb in the eye to the decision makers, namely a big win this Saturday.

I'll agree with that.

Whether it has consequence or not in the end is still up for grabs, though. And that's up to Riley and crew, and if they do well enough and the AD is forced to play ball with them, then all this will be water under the bridge. Or if it's clear the other way, then it won't matter either. In the middle though, they could have done it a little better, I think.

I'll agree with that.
@ShortSideOption or @Red Reign I heard a rumour. Granted I am saying this is a rumour. That SE had someone on a 90 day suspension. The Rumour further assumes that person was Ozigbo which is why he played after SE was fired. Has anyone heard or seen anything validating this rumour?

The only reason I bring it up is because it does make sense if true why he might have been let go. Mainly because it just baffled me why Oz was not in the NIU game. We needed a back that could run over their small quick guys.

@ShortSideOption or @Red Reign I heard a rumour. Granted I am saying this is a rumour. That SE had someone on a 90 day suspension. The Rumour further assumes that person was Ozigbo which is why he played after SE was fired. Has anyone heard or seen anything validating this rumour?

The only reason I bring it up is because it does make sense if true why he might have been let go. Mainly because it just baffled me why Oz was not in the NIU game. We needed a back that could run over their small quick guys.
Not true... a 90 day suspension is September, October, and November basically letting Oz come back for the B1G title game and/or the bowl game. If it was something that warranted a suspension for the year, Riley is not the type of coach to say "well now that the AD is gone we can play him." Something that would have been that bad Riley would have upheld the suspension. Not saying he wasn't suspended for a bit, but I think him playing when Eichorst was gone is coincidental based on injuries. He wouldn't have played as early as he did if not for that.

Not true... a 90 day suspension is September, October, and November basically letting Oz come back for the B1G title game and/or the bowl game. If it was something that warranted a suspension for the year, Riley is not the type of coach to say "well now that the AD is gone we can play him." Something that would have been that bad Riley would have upheld the suspension. Not saying he wasn't suspended for a bit, but I think him playing when Eichorst was gone is coincidental based on injuries. He wouldn't have played as early as he did if not for that.

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back