• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked conference shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a one-loss Alabama get excluded from the playoffs next year because of strength of schedule!

What will be interesting to watch with Alabama next year is:

#1. 7th year senior AJ McCarron is finally gone. Who will man the helm at 'Bama. Senior-to-be Blake Sims who threw 29 passes this year or a 3-headed freshman battle?

#2. A slightly tougher SEC schedule - Florida, aTm, at Tenn, at LSU ... although a really wimpy non-conference schedule Southern Miss, West Virginia

Okie State thought West Virginia was wimpy as well.

Hope it doesn't happen to Nebraska.
NU's non-conference schedule IMO is tougher - atFresno State, Miami FL, McNeese St and Florida Atlantic versus Southern Miss (in Atlanta), West Virginia, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Conference schedule - Michigan State, Wisconsin and Iowa doesn't quite compare to Alabama's Auburn, LSU, Tenn, Florida

NU's non-conference schedule IMO is tougher - atFresno State, Miami FL, McNeese St and Florida Atlantic versus Southern Miss (in Atlanta), West Virginia, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Conference schedule - Michigan State, Wisconsin and Iowa doesn't quite compare to Alabama's Auburn, LSU, Tenn, Florida

Fresno State won't be nearly as much of a threat without Carr. Miami could be tough though.

Any HuskerMaxers going to the Fresno State game? My wife is from the Fresno area and we will likely be at the game.

I told my wife I would be cheering for Ohio State. She looked at me and said "who are you and what have you done with my husband".

I will start off cheering for Ohio State but not sure it will last. Urban might be a great coach but he not on my favorite list.

I've seen them play better than they did last night. That in no way takes away from the fact that OU was the better team in that game. We'll have to agree to disagree about the rematch scenario.

I have to agree with CM in this discussion. Alabama WAS ready to play and came out swinging on Oklahoma and punched them right in the mouth. OU got up and swung back and didnt back down and took it to Bama. The better team was OU last night and any night, OU and Bama were both in high gear and played their A games.
The SEC defenses are not that good. Oklahoma was lighter and quicker than Bama and that wouldnt change no matter how many times they played.
Saban runs a pro style offense with 2 TE sets and a full back and tail back and 2 WRs most of the time. When they can control the line of scrimmage and run downhill on you and dominate the time of possession they win 99% of the time. However OU, with their speed and quickness on D took them out of their game and at the end of the game did you notice what happened? They did what they had been doing all game, blizted in and creamed AJ and he fumbled it. Bama doesnt see those quick Ds all year. OU playing in the Big 12 had an advantage against Bama when Bama was playing from behind all night.
Here is an interesting Stat I saw, OU had 24 sacks all season long, but had 7 last night. pretty telling if you ask me.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back