• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked conference shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Bama looked plenty motivated. Stoops' past comments about the SEC being overrated probably gave them some bulletin board material.

They played hard and OU still won, so great win for them. I've seen Bama play another gear higher than last night and think they would have shifted to that in a playoff game. Guess we'll find out either way next year.

We'll find out next season when the playoffs kick in. Oklahoma played an awesome game and deserved to win, but does anyone not think they would have stepped up had it been a do or die game?

we will never know, what we do know is that OU was the better team last night. I kinda get why so many posters on this site whine, cry and moan about the SEC. I don’t see it that way. When NU was ruling college football, ESPN sniffed their jock as well. Go back and watch your old VCR tapes of the coverage of not only NBC but ESPN after NU shelled Florida.
When you win 7 consecutive National title games what do you expect people to talk about?
The only way to stop that talk is to start beating them. (you are on the clock FSU)
Football in the south has never been bigger, the sheer size and depth of the talent footprint is unprecedented. 7 on 7 winter football is huge in the south and the SEC footprint is deep and rich in talent. It’s not that states like Oklahoma, Ohio, & Pennsylvania don’t produce good football players; the south is just producing so much more in volume.
The four team playoff is going to go a long way in putting an end to this debate. You don’t always get the two best teams together for the BCS the way it is now but moving forward, the chances of getting the two best teams on the field with inviting the top 4 to play in a playoff will help ensure that happens. I don’t think the SEC will run off 7 in a row moving forward ever again. I do think they will be in the mix more than not.

we will never know, what we do know is that OU was the better team last night. I kinda get why so many posters on this site whine, cry and moan about the SEC. I don’t see it that way. When NU was ruling college football, ESPN sniffed their jock as well. Go back and watch your old VCR tapes of the coverage of not only NBC but ESPN after NU shelled Florida.
When you win 7 consecutive National title games what do you expect people to talk about?
The only way to stop that talk is to start beating them. (you are on the clock FSU)
Football in the south has never been bigger, the sheer size and depth of the talent footprint is unprecedented. 7 on 7 winter football is huge in the south and the SEC footprint is deep and rich in talent. It’s not that states like Oklahoma, Ohio, & Pennsylvania don’t produce good football players; the south is just producing so much more in volume.
The four team playoff is going to go a long way in putting an end to this debate. You don’t always get the two best teams together for the BCS the way it is now but moving forward, the chances of getting the two best teams on the field with inviting the top 4 to play in a playoff will help ensure that happens. I don’t think the SEC will run off 7 in a row moving forward ever again. I do think they will be in the mix more than not.

Many Nebraska fans will whine about anything that doesn't have the focus on the Huskers. It will always be that way. I am sick of the SEC as well but its because they keep winning titles, not that ESPN is covering that fact.

Oklahoma completely impressed me last night. I think Alabama was up for the game and OU just punched them in the mouth...repeatedly. Where was this OU team against Texas? OU was the better team last night and maybe the better team overall than Bama at this point of the season. Hard to tell. I do know that OU beating Alabama doesn't mean the SEC is dead. That is just stupid.

Last edited:
They played hard and OU still won, so great win for them. I've seen Bama play another gear higher than last night and think they would have shifted to that in a playoff game. Guess we'll find out either way next year.

Oh, bull.

Bama played hard; they just got whipped along their OLine and defensively. No amount of hedging changes those basic facts.

Many Nebraska fans will whine about anything that doesn't have the focus on the Huskers. It will always be that way. I am sick of the SEC as well but its because they keep winning titles, not that ESPN is covering that fact.

Oklahoma completely impressed me last night. I think Alabama was up for the game and OU just punched them in the mouth...repeatedly. Where was this OU team against Texas? OU was the better team last night and maybe the better team overall than Bama at this point of the season. Hard to tell. I do know that OU beating Alabama doesn't mean the SEC is dead. That is just stupid.

QB play, as is often the case, made a huge difference for OU.

I agree. To me, OU won the game last night because of the stellar play of their QB. He played a near perfect game and his downfield passing accuracy was the difference. It wasn’t like bama didn’t have excellent coverage on many of those TD passes. The passes were just perfect. As far as the motivation of BAMA, there is no question in my mind that they were game and wanting to win. Look at that sideline when they cut the lead to 7 pts late and tell me that BAMA didn’t want to win that game? They just got beat by the better team that night.

Last edited:
Oh, bull.

Bama played hard; they just got whipped along their OLine and defensively. No amount of hedging changes those basic facts.

If you actually read my post I stated that Bama played hard and OU deserved to win. Is there something about that you don't understand?

Last edited:

:nod:

QB play, as is often the case, made a huge difference for OU.

100% correct.

Coming to grips with this has made me stop and rethink a lot about NU football. We have to get more consistent play from the position. Think about our great teams and how consistently good our QB play was, Fraizier, Crouch, Frost. We need a strong leader and a guy that is going to limit mistakes and make plays if we want to win big, big games moving forward. Taylor was great at times but at times, he was his own worst enemy.

If you actually read my post I stated that Bama played hard and OU deserved to win. Is there something about that you don't understand?

I understand that you think BAma was stuck in a lower gear.

The reality is, they are overhyped. Oklahoma was at least as talented and definitely executed better. I don't see Bama winning more than 5 rematches in 10.

100% correct.

Coming to grips with this has made me stop and rethink a lot about NU football. We have to get more consistent play from the position. Think about our great teams and how consistently good our QB play was, Fraizier, Crouch, Frost. We need a strong leader and a guy that is going to limit mistakes and make plays if we want to win big, big games moving forward. Taylor was great at times but at times, he was his own worst enemy.

I wish we could have seen how he would have done this year.

The reality is, they are overhyped. Oklahoma was at least as talented and definitely executed better. I don't see Bama winning more than 5 rematches in 10.

I've seen them play better than they did last night. That in no way takes away from the fact that OU was the better team in that game. We'll have to agree to disagree about the rematch scenario.

I agree. As it stands at the end of the year, these teams are equals.

What will be interesting to watch with Alabama next year is:

#1. 7th year senior AJ McCarron is finally gone. Who will man the helm at 'Bama. Senior-to-be Blake Sims who threw 29 passes this year or a 3-headed freshman battle?

#2. A slightly tougher SEC schedule - Florida, aTm, at Tenn, at LSU ... although a really wimpy non-conference schedule Southern Miss, West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back