• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked conference shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it just me or were 'bama fans booing a lot of calls that seemed pretty reasonable? Seems like the foosball may be played with more touching and feeling in the S$C.

Shhhhh. Now is not the time for reality.

You're right. The major conferences were fairly even prior to this year, and they continue to be fairly even.

Funny how no one even bothers mentioning that the SEC play de facto home games in their bowls anymore... Auburn is the only SEC team playing outside SEC country... and most of the others are playing at least halfway closer to the stadium than their opponent (Missouri is the only team playing an opponent who is closer to the bowl destination than the SEC team is).

Funny how no one even bothers mentioning that the SEC play de facto home games in their bowls anymore... Auburn is the only SEC team playing outside SEC country... and most of the others are playing at least halfway closer to the stadium than their opponent (Missouri is the only team playing an opponent who is closer to the bowl destination than the SEC team is).

True, but it's been like this for 50 to 100 years. Not sure if it's still worth mentioning. The SEC is in the South (has been since 1932) and bowl games are mostly in the South. :)

You're right. The major conferences were fairly even prior to this year, and they continue to be fairly even.

LOL

True, but it's been like this for 50 to 100 years. Not sure if it's still worth mentioning. The SEC is in the South (has been since 1932) and bowl games are mostly in the South. :)

yep..think of the attendance if they were played in Wich, Mn, Mich,

I don't think the gap is as large as some would like to make it. I think the SEC is the best conference and will be moving forward. Doesn't mean they are unbeatable. I think the 4 team playoff will bring a better chance for crowning non - SEC champs moving forward.

We'll find out next season when the playoffs kick in. Oklahoma played an awesome game and deserved to win, but does anyone not think Bama would have stepped up had it been a do or die game?

Last edited:

We'll find out next season when the playoffs kick in. Oklahoma played an awesome game and deserved to win, but does anyone not think Bama would have stepped up had it been a do or die game?

I'd say Bama looked plenty motivated. Stoops' past comments about the SEC being overrated probably gave them some bulletin board material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back