• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Compare now to 1990? Ron Brown

Strange question but can Ron Brown take over special teams. He has been good coaching every position he has been in charge of. I bet he would be as good or better than any analyst that can be had!!
Maybe they will need a Wide Receivers coach as the dust settles in Montana

Would you have thrown last season out if we'd gone 5-3 or 6-2?

Yes,. The B1G clueless commissioner totally ruined the season by his ineptitude. Now if we had played say 10 or 11 games (inc OOC) maybe I change my mind. I also considered the baseball this past season fake. And the NHL (though they played more games).

Last edited:
imo, there is no throw away seasons.. This season we just lost a couple good players, not so throw away.

This past season was a throwaway thanks to our inept commish. It was fake as was baseball. And so was the NHL. I could care less about Lefraud and the NBA.

For the record, I was one of those who was concerned about the season record, but it was more the losing 7 bowl games in a row:)
Ive said this for years, there aren’t many, if any teams, who would have navigated that 7 bowl game losing streak. 4 won national Championships, and the other 3, none finished lower than 3rd in the final poll. Nebraska was playing the best of the best, often in their home state. It wasn’t a 7 game bowl losing streak full of chopped liver. People forget that shiiiite!

Ive said this for years, there aren’t many, if any teams, who would have navigated that 7 bowl game losing streak. 4 won national Championships, and the other 3, none finished lower than 3rd in the final poll. Nebraska was playing the best of the best, often in their home state. It wasn’t a 7 game bowl losing streak full of chopped liver. People forget that shiiiite!
Actually, it was three opponents who finished #1, three opponents who finished #2, and one opponent who finished #3, but your point stands!

I've always said, too, that had those Miami and Florida St teams come to Lincoln in late November, as opposed to us traveling to Florida and/or Arizona in January, we would have been able to dictate that a physical type game be played and we would have steamrolled 'em

Not really fair that we always had to meet those teams on their terms...

Actually, it was three opponents who finished #1, three opponents who finished #2, and one opponent who finished #3, but your point stands!

I've always said, too, that had those Miami and Florida St teams come to Lincoln in late November, as opposed to us traveling to Florida and/or Arizona in January, we would have been able to dictate that a physical type game be played and we would have steamrolled 'em

Not really fair that we always had to meet those teams on their terms...
I was just rolling on a foggy memory. Lol. I did know none of those teams finished below 3. A few of those 7, NU could have won. They were right there. No one steamrolls those 7 teams. It was the best of the best.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back