• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado Week Practice Thread: 8 Sept : Morning Practice; Depart For Colorado

Fans may be able to develop patience, but can we expect recruits to also have patience? Nebraska HAS to get to a bowl game this year. Lose against the Buffs and that is going to be a real challenge.
Cant have it both ways. People saying minnys D was so so and saying the bluffs are incredible ?
Losing to such a team will surely make the rest of our schedule more palatable ?
Or are you saying we are just that bad yet again?

Fans may be able to develop patience, but can we expect recruits to also have patience? Nebraska HAS to get to a bowl game this year. Lose against the Buffs and that is going to be a real challenge.
0-2 would make our bowl quest much more difficult—no doubt. But we don’t yet know how a Rhule led team responds to a loss. I am hoping we get better each week; that was not the case with SF teams. I think the hype of this game and CU helps us. I can’t remember the last time we played in a game that has had such massive national attention.

0-2 would make our bowl quest much more difficult—no doubt. But we don’t yet know how a Rhule led team responds to a loss. I am hoping we get better each week; that was not the case with SF teams. I think the hype of this game and CU helps us. I can’t remember the last time we played in a game that has had such massive national attention.
thus the need to leave 1-1. potential recruits might be watching just as closely as fans.

hoping we get better each week
Literally, that is all I care about. Records, bowls, none of it. matters right now.

Do we see the foundation being built for this team? How do they respond to adversity? How to they progress week to week. Do we see improvement? Do we start seeing the light bulbs go on? How long does it take to find "the guys?"

I'd prefer Rhule does things the right way, even if it takes longer to get us to where we want to go.

Last edited:
They really don't. We've been saying that for 6 years now. We still got good classes early on because of the Frost "vision." Rhule has a track record for how he builds programs. The recruits know that. Hell, look at how inept Frost was, and yet his first two classess were highly ranked. Get to year 3 and your team still sucks wind, well, that's a different story altogether.

Not sure why we are holding Rhule to a different standard than the one established 6 years ago. Kind of weird.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah - coach speak ... very generic talk about Nebraska. Did speak well of Rhule ... excusing the NFL (Carolina) experiment.
Pretty much same for me. Listened to enough to hear his compliment on MR...if the NE story was after that, decided it wasn't worth continuing or maybe I missed the nugget...grates on my nerves.

Pretty much same for me. Listened to enough to hear his compliment on MR...if the NE story was after that, decided it wasn't worth continuing or maybe I missed the nugget...grates on my nerves.

seems to me he can't win no matter what he says. If he's cocky, he's showboating, if he isn't he is doing coach speak. My 2 cents is his promotion of CU football has taken a nobody program and put them in the national spotlight. Kudos to him - and we can benefit from that. If Sanders wasn't there, hardly anyone outside Nebraska would care about this game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back