• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

College World Series Contest

My only 2 losses in the Super Regionals were when I picked against Texas and TexasAM. My heart overruled my head, but I am not deterred for I am picking against them in the CWS as well. Down with Texas and the B12 in this case!! :thumbsdown:

I only stayed away from A&M due to their ace out...thought they could win and then really thought DB would win.

I only stayed away from A&M due to their ace out...thought they could win and then really thought DB would win.

We picked the same teams to win in the 1st round of the CWS, but we definitely differ on the bracket winners (and there is no sign of any Texas teams in our selections).

Bracket 1
Game 1: North Carolina
Game 2: Florida
Bracket 1 winner: Florida

Bracket 2
Game 3: Virginia
Game 4: Texas A&M
Bracket 2 winner: Virginia

I agree with you Bob. I hate them more than anyone living here and having to deal with the over the top fans as I have to argue with them all the time, but when not talking to them i admit they find a way to always get there wins.....lucky yes, but good teams make their own luck sometimes.

Don't forget the bias with the umps!! :banghead: They seem to get the calls, from what I heard! Even in the regionals???? :mad:

Last edited:

I agree with you Bob. I hate them more than anyone living here and having to deal with the over the top fans as I have to argue with them all the time, but when not talking to them i admit they find a way to always get there wins.....lucky yes, but good teams make their own luck sometimes.

I could never live in Texas!!! I couldn't stand the constant arrogance! All this crap about tradition! :puke:

I could never live in Texas!!! I couldn't stand the constant arrogance! All this crap about tradition! :puke:

Great money, great looking women, great weather, no state tax....what is not to like except a few arrogant fans...most are okay to hang out with.

Texas still hasn't gotten over the United States acquiring Alaska, but their big egos far exceed no longer being the biggest state.

CWS Games Saturday

#3 North Carolina vs #6 Vanderbilt (2 pm EST on ESPN and ESPN3)

#7 Texas vs #2 Florida (7 pm EST on ESPN and ESPN3)

Last edited:
NC - Vandy is underway

Bot 9
Vanderbilt 7
North Carolina 3

Last edited:
N Carolina is 3 outs away from their first loss in the playoffs (5-1) and Vandy will remain undefeated (6-0).

Last edited:

With the Vandy win this afternoon, Carollton has taken the lead in the CWS contest. H4E, and Ackos and I all had NCarolina.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back