• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

College World Series Contest

Husker Chico, why are you picking Texas to win the 1st bracket, when you picked Florida???

Husker Chico
Bracket 1
Game 1: Vanderbilt
Game 2: Florida

Bracket 1 winner: Texas :rolfl:

Looks like I sucked! Did I just pick badly, or did I miss some games, while away? :cry:

Bracket 1
Game 1: North Carolina vs Vanderbilt
Game 2: Texas vs Florida
Bracket 1 winner: Florida

Bracket 2
Game 3: California VS Virginia
Game 4: Texas A&M vs South Carolina
Bracket 2 winner: Virginia

We can only hope that Beebe is still afraid to risk his life and come to Nebraska. :rolleyes:

I never followed the games, since I was in Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and did not see much of anything. Why does texass get
all the calls?????? Did they have Big 12 umpires making terrible calls, or has the school sold the entire body to the devil?? :mad:

Talk to you guys later, ok? I picked up a bad sinus infection on the trip, and now my mother-in-law is in the hospital, possibly with
a mild stroke. She is much better, but she is stayinig ovenight. Prayers are requested. Thanks! Doris is a swell lady. :)

Last edited:
Bracket 1
Game 1: North Carolina

Bracket 2
Game 3: Virginia
Game 4: South Carolina

Bracket 1
Game 1 North Carolina
Game 2 Florida
Bracket 1 winner North Carolina

Bracket 2
Game 3 Virginia
Game 4 South Carolina
Bracket 2 winner South Carolina

Husker Chico, why are you picking Texas to win the 1st bracket, when you picked Florida???

Husker Chico
Bracket 1

Maybe he thinks they have the great pitching and they can come out of the losers bracket? If any team can do it it is Texas....they have a great staff, but little hitting and that is why they lose, if they lose.

Looks like I sucked! Did I just pick badly, or did I miss some games, while away? :cry:

Bracket 1
Game 1: North Carolina vs Vanderbilt
Game 2: Texas vs Florida

Bracket 2
Game 3: California VS Virginia
Game 4: Texas A&M vs South Carolina

You picked the Regionals but missed the Super Regionals CBob.

Prayers going up for you and your mother-in-law Bob. Get well soon.

Last edited:

Husker Chico
Bracket 1

I think they will lose the first game, and come thru the losers bracket to win the Bracket, there overall pitching can get it done, it is what they did in the Regionals and went down 1 game in the supers. Had to pick someone other than Florida cause I hater the gators more!

Maybe he thinks they have the great pitching and they can come out of the losers bracket? If any team can do it it is Texas....they have a great staff, but little hitting and that is why they lose, if they lose.

Guess, I am confused. Not following, I am lost on the process, and all who are in it. Thanks. :)

DOWN WITH TEXASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: May the school implode! :cheers:

Six of 8 national seeds make it to Omaha, TexasAM and California being the exceptions. All of the teams were Regional #1 seeds except #3 California.

The CWS has 3 teams from the SEC, 2 each from the ACC and B12 and 1 from the Pac10.

Here are the Conference records of the above four through the Super Regionals

SEC (7 teams) 25-9
Pac10 (6) 21-11
ACC (7) 21-11
Big12 (6) 13-12

Big 12 Sucks! :) Now that we are going to the Big Whatever!! :lol: , down with texass/texass/a&m! ;)

Bracket 1
Game 2: Texas
Bracket 1 winner: Vanderbilt

Bracket 2
Game 3: Virginia
Game 4: South Carolina
Bracket 2 winner: South Carolina

Big 12 Sucks! :) Now that we are going to the Big Whatever!! :lol: , down with texass/texass/a&m! ;)

I agree with you Bob. I hate them more than anyone living here and having to deal with the over the top fans as I have to argue with them all the time, but when not talking to them i admit they find a way to always get there wins.....lucky yes, but good teams make their own luck sometimes.

I agree with you Bob. I hate them more than anyone living here and having to deal with the over the top fans as I have to argue with them all the time, but when not talking to them i admit they find a way to always get there wins.....lucky yes, but good teams make their own luck sometimes.

My only 2 losses in the Super Regionals were when I picked against Texas and TexasAM. My heart overruled my head, but I am not deterred for I am picking against them in the CWS as well. Down with Texas and the B12 in this case!! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back