• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

A few positive comments from people that seem to know something about Garret.

EA23AE00-9FC2-4C4F-9979-69753D6CAD82.jpeg

86C4B652-E27F-4E86-9806-02832AAD07D9.jpeg

I think Rhule is doing exactly what he said he would. Assistant coaches that will work hard on the recruiting trail bringing in the players we need, and I'd think younger assistants will relate much better to recruits. Then more experienced coordinators that can lend their experience to the younger assistants, coordinators that know what Rhule wants and can convey that to the assistants. Looks like a good organizational ladder to get everyone on the same page.

Add in a larger support staff since he saved money on assistants and you have that many more people out there pulling the same direction. :Koolaid2:
Some of the posters obviously missed that interview. They are gonna think what they think.

A few positive comments from people that seem to know something about Garret.

View attachment 92593
View attachment 92594

These writers share my concern — what HS recruits are going to be impressed/persuaded by a 24 year old who never played meaningful college football or can point to recruiting/coaching success. It doesn’t matter how smart or how good of a teacher you are, every competitor school will have a more experienced coach. I would think Rhule and Satterfield will have to be the in person recruiting face of NU for WRs in the near future.

These writers share my concern — what HS recruits are going to be impressed/persuaded by a 24 year old who never played meaningful college football or can point to recruiting/coaching success. It doesn’t matter how smart or how good of a teacher you are, every competitor school will have a more experienced coach. I would think Rhule and Satterfield will have to be the in person recruiting face of NU for WRs in the near future.
Let’s see…….. how many of these “writers” ever played anything but touch football. And you agree with them but not with the decision made by a successful builder of programs that has a formula for success. I am pretty sure he has more knowledge on what a wr should do on any given play in the playbook in his pinky finger than ANY SPORTS WRITER around these parts. And from what I have read, he is going to research every single aspect of WR coaching and know it by the time he lands in Lincoln. Let’s give the man a chance …… can we do that. Ummm let’s see. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER.

Let’s see…….. how many of these “writers” ever played anything but touch football. And you agree with them but not with the decision made by a successful builder of programs that has a formula for success. I am pretty sure he has more knowledge on what a wr should do on any given play in the playbook in his pinky finger than ANY SPORTS WRITER around these parts. And from what I have read, he is going to research every single aspect of WR coaching and know it by the time he lands in Lincoln. Let’s give the man a chance …… can we do that. Ummm let’s see. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER.
I agree Rhule knows how to coach WRs and WR coaches. I also agree the new coach may well be able to coach up our WRs. What I doubt, and what the writers were saying, is whether high level WR recruits will choose NU because of this coach. So I think the OC and HC will have to be heavily involved in recruiting WRs.

I agree Rhule knows how to coach WRs and WR coaches. I also agree the new coach may well be able to coach up our WRs. What I doubt, and what the writers were saying, is whether high level WR recruits will choose NU because of this coach. So I think the OC and HC will have to be heavily involved in recruiting WRs.
So then, if they're exuberant in doing so, where's the miss here?

Last edited:
I get your point ….. I’m wondering then if everyone (including the recruits) knew who the new coach was ….. if they did, Coleman came back, Doss stayed, Lloyd signed, Fleek signed, Turner signed. We did lose Miller so there is that. I would echo what others have said. Winning solves all these concerns. GBR and keep the faith.

Last edited:

Have you seen the Miami Dolphins coach, lol.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back