• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Changes....

What he has done compared to Frost is not even debatable. You can say he is Riley like all you want, but he has Frost beat by a long way at this point.. and that isn't even close!

Can Frost get better than him? Jury is still out, and it depends on if he will be humble enough to realize what he is doing isn't working. Some of his assistants are not getting it done..
You want to make this about Frost, but I'm saying Campbell has done well, but he's not the second coming of Nick Saban. And none of us know what things were like around that facility or our own for the first 3 years. Heck, if you want to make a comparison, try Frost's first 2 years at UFC, and then try to figure out what things were so different or more difficult. Frost at least got that team to .500 the first year, and undefeated the next, so should ISU be disappointed Campbell hasn't matched that?

He's canned some of his assistants, and in most cases, we are seeing some pretty substantial results from guys many of you had said needed to go last year. It has nothing to do with humility, it has to do with making proper evaluations, determining the root cause of various success or failures, and deciding what actions should be taken. You act as if this is a 'scrap it all and start with what TO did', because that's just not the world we live in. And remind us again if ISU runs a form of a spread or not, since that's the benchmark you want to use. Frost has made adjustments yearly, but only an idiot would make drastic ones.

You want to make this about Frost, but I'm saying Campbell has done well, but he's not the second coming of Nick Saban. And none of us know what things were like around that facility or our own for the first 3 years. Heck, if you want to make a comparison, try Frost's first 2 years at UFC, and then try to figure out what things were so different or more difficult. Frost at least got that team to .500 the first year, and undefeated the next, so should ISU be disappointed Campbell hasn't matched that?

He's canned some of his assistants, and in most cases, we are seeing some pretty substantial results from guys many of you had said needed to go last year. It has nothing to do with humility, it has to do with making proper evaluations, determining the root cause of various success or failures, and deciding what actions should be taken. You act as if this is a 'scrap it all and start with what TO did', because that's just not the world we live in. And remind us again if ISU runs a form of a spread or not, since that's the benchmark you want to use. Frost has made adjustments yearly, but only an idiot would make drastic ones.

This IS about Frost, period, and nobody is suggesting Campbell is the second coming of anyone. ISU was horrible, worse than NU, and that is not even close. Campbell has taking them to top 20 team... that is huge considering their background.

The comparison to Frost at UCF is not a legit comparison. Those were not his players, and that was a fairly stocked team.. that he had nothing to do with.

I haven't said anyone should have been fired before this year, others might have, but I have not!

Anyway, no reason to continue this, you feel everything is fine, and I disagree. end of story

Last edited:

You said UFC, not UCF.
I would like to see Frost in the UFC. He might have a good ground game.

Already saw him at UCF down the road been there done that. At UCF his lines looked HUGE and had some fasties everywhere, but Milton at Nebraska woulda won a bunch of games. GBR

Last edited:
I would like to see Frost in the UFC. He hight have a good ground game.

Already saw him at UCF down the road been there done that. At UCF his lines looked HUGE and had some fasties everywhere, but Milton at Nebraska woulda won a bunch of games. GBR
I think I post UCF stuff too much. Someone is paying attention.

This IS about Frost, period, and nobody is suggesting Campbell is the second coming of anyone. ISU was horrible, worse than NU, and that is not even close. Campbell has taking them to top 20 team... that is huge considering their background.

The comparison to Frost at UCF is not a legit comparison. Those were not his players, and that was a fairly stocked team.. that he had nothing to do with.

I haven't said anyone should have been fired before this year, others might have, but I have not!

Anyway, no reason to continue this, you feel everything is fine, and I disagree. end of story
You seem to be fawning over him, so if you aren't, then why is your topic so frequently? As for your general posting, you've been proven to be little more than a constant whiner who has little in the way of contructive suggestions beyond 'win more', 'fire someone', 'run plays that work', 'play the better players'....I'm sure I missed a couple, but the point is obvious. Give it a rest.

You seem to be fawning over him, so if you aren't, then why is your topic so frequently? As for your general posting, you've been proven to be little more than a constant whiner who has little in the way of contructive suggestions beyond 'win more', 'fire someone', 'run plays that work', 'play the better players'....I'm sure I missed a couple, but the point is obvious. Give it a rest.

you exaggerate... a lot! I had one post about him until you decided to pick up the Frost cross, I merely said he has done a better job than Frost. I have seen posters like you on this site through every coach at NU, and everyone has been wrong. They all have said the same crap.

BTW, this isn't the HT forum, so leave the personal comments off this board.

Last edited:
you exaggerate... a lot! I had one post about him until you decided to pick up the Frost cross, I merely said he has done a better job than Frost. I have seen posters like you on this site through every coach at NU, and everyone has been wrong. They all have said the same crap.

BTW, this isn't the HT forum, so leave the personal comments off this board.
Grow a pair. You’ve made the statements, so you get to own the rebuttal.

Becareful using this as an argument.

In the "Twilight Zone" year that was 2020, the following teams were in the final Coaches Top 25, which will never happen again :):
#9 ISU
#14 Coastal Carolina
#15 Lousiana Raging Cajuns
#17 Liberty
#23 Ball State
#24 San Jose State
#25 Buffalo

Campbell has done a great job with ISU, but their "ranking" in 2020 is an anomaly of tremendous proportions, not to be used for long term arguments about changes at DONU IMHO.

GBR

Hopefully we won’t. Assistant coaches are not the problem refusing to run the football is the biggest problem.
Having a giant line you can trust to move people on the one yard line or anytime would help . If you can't throw down field, stacking the box is a running problem too.

What he has done compared to Frost is not even debatable. You can say he is Riley like all you want, but he has Frost beat by a long way at this point.. and that isn't even close!

Can Frost get better than him? Jury is still out, and it depends on if he will be humble enough to realize what he is doing isn't working. Some of his assistants are not getting it done..
This

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back