• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Changes....

compare Frost to Campbell.. how did ISU get a coach that has only had 1 losing season since being hired? Surely, some of you are not saying ISU was in better shape than NU?

Hey, don't worry about consequences. Just fire some people to make a few posters happy. We can find a great coach anytime. We're nebraska, remember?
I'm good with Frost keeping the current staff but I would also be surprised if no changes were made. Something needs to be done about special teams at a minimum as the "by committee" approach did not do well.

I agree with you and its kind of sad. To think we are discussing Sabin as being able to choose between Bill Obrien and Hermon as an offensive coordinator. Both have been excellent Head coaches at major programs and we are choosing between Troy Walters and Lubick knowing neither will be able to get full reign over the offense because Frost holds onto play calling.

So the coaching carousel will be interesting? Mullen to NFL? Marshall let their coach go Boise looking (but looks like they have their Montana man).
Kind of nice to have status quo with the RED

I don’t want the PS portion of your post to happen, but I 100% agree. He’d likely light it up with Alabama’s talent and we’d hear ‘Where was this when he was in Lincoln?’

He’s not without blame for some of the offensive failings at Nebraska, but talent makes a difference.

Really, he isn't that far away. Make simpler play calls in the red zone, hold players accountable for dumb penalties (he does this selectively), allow more input by the assistants on playing time and spend more time and effort on special teams. I think we can get to .500 next year (6 wins) and build from there, if Frost makes some small, yet meaningful changes. It will be slower than many of us want (including me), but I'm hopeful. What else is there?

I'm good with Frost keeping the current staff but I would also be surprised if no changes were made. Something needs to be done about special teams at a minimum as the "by committee" approach did not do well.

There was an article a while back (sorry, couldn't find it) that detailed how our ST "analyst" has had dramatic jumps from year 1 to year 2 at his previous stops. If that trend continues, it would obviously help a ton. I would prefer to give him another year to see how it goes before we make any changes. It's hard to demand immediate results when he hasn't even been here a year and we have the whole Covid thing mucking things up.

There was an article a while back (sorry, couldn't find it) that detailed how our ST "analyst" has had dramatic jumps from year 1 to year 2 at his previous stops. If that trend continues, it would obviously help a ton. I would prefer to give him another year to see how it goes before we make any changes. It's hard to demand immediate results when he hasn't even been here a year and we have the whole Covid thing mucking things up.

I'm not saying Covid hasn't affected our team in a negative manner, but I am getting weary of Covid excuses, when everyone has to deal it the same as Nebraska. Just saying. Not saying we shouldn't give him another year and maybe Frost and/or the other coaches didn't listen to him? I just don't see the connection to Covid as "Everyone" has had to deal with it, not just Nebraska.

compare Frost to Campbell.. how did ISU get a coach that has only had 1 losing season since being hired? Surely, some of you are not saying ISU was in better shape than NU?
Apparently they were. They also had the benefit of playing in the Big 12, so you might want to consider that as well. I get a kick out of this Campbell gushing of late. As has been pointed out, his teams have had moments of great play, but followed them with multiple instances of stupid mistakes. This year alone they had some of the masses grumbling after the flop against Louisiana and the near choke against TCU. His guys finished pretty well, but this fawning over a guy who has numbers similar to Riley at OSU is kind of weird.

Apparently they were. They also had the benefit of playing in the Big 12, so you might want to consider that as well. I get a kick out of this Campbell gushing of late. As has been pointed out, his teams have had moments of great play, but followed them with multiple instances of stupid mistakes. This year alone they had some of the masses grumbling after the flop against Louisiana and the near choke against TCU. His guys finished pretty well, but this fawning over a guy who has numbers similar to Riley at OSU is kind of weird.

What he has done compared to Frost is not even debatable. You can say he is Riley like all you want, but he has Frost beat by a long way at this point.. and that isn't even close!

Can Frost get better than him? Jury is still out, and it depends on if he will be humble enough to realize what he is doing isn't working. Some of his assistants are not getting it done..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back