• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CoachesHotSeat.com

How does the writer know SF is miserable? I mean he's probably not happy losing but to say that he's on the hot seat because SF if not happy and the players know it is speculation at best and typical click bait. Was he wildly out of control on the UCF sideline or the booth at UO?
You nailed this. And his seat is not warm. Such trash. Much like the nonsense Bianchi wrote about Frost regretting his decision to leave UCF.

He has to make a bowl next year. Not saying he wouldn't be back for year four even minus a bowl game in his first three years (and 4 straight overall for Nebraska), but he'd definitely be on the hot seat in year four.

As you are suggesting, I don't think five years is an absolute given. As I've said before, Frost is getting more rope and forgiveness simply because of his name (any other coach would be on a hot seat much sooner). But a ton of shine has worn off these past two losses (Indiana, Purdue). I've seen a lot of people that were still quite confident not more than 2-3 weeks ago now expressing significant concerns. If we don't make a bowl game in 2020, the vast majority of the Nebraska fan base will be very displeased. And then I would start to worry about ticket sales in 2021. I'm not worried about sales for next season -- but one more year similar to this, and I'd be concerned. Tough decisions would need to be made if selling tickets ever became an issue.

That sounds terrifying

Purdue, Central Michigan, South Dakota State, Cincinnati, Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota. The way these teams are playing right now, 4-8 is a real possibility next year as well.

He has to make a bowl next year. Not saying he wouldn't be back for year four even minus a bowl game in his first three years (and 4 straight overall for Nebraska), but he'd definitely be on the hot seat in year four.

As you are suggesting, I don't think five years is an absolute given. As I've said before, Frost is getting more rope and forgiveness simply because of his name (any other coach would be on a hot seat much sooner). But a ton of shine has worn off these past two losses (Indiana, Purdue). I've seen a lot of people that were still quite confident not more than 2-3 weeks ago now expressing significant concerns. If we don't make a bowl game in 2020, the vast majority of the Nebraska fan base will be very displeased. And then I would start to worry about ticket sales in 2021. I'm not worried about sales for next season -- but one more year similar to this, and I'd be concerned. Tough decisions would need to be made if selling tickets ever became an issue.

Its still the same year, same team and same players as 2-3 weeks ago. We've been an incomplete team from the start of the season. Nothing has changed except peoples patience. This is not the years to start the hot seat talk. Honestly, its the pundits job to get attention and no one gives attention like Husker Fan.

When SF got hired my feeling was this was long term better or worse. Say what you will but swapping coaches has not worked in Lincoln. IMO, letting a crew get it together over the long haul gives us the best chance to return to relevancy.

Ticket sales are never going to suffer significantly enough to really make an impact on the program's $$. It will sell out one way or another. Nebraska Fan will not fail even if Husker football fails.

but swapping coaches has not worked in Lincoln.
Bo won at a good pace. I say he was a good coach and became his own enemy. Maybe HCSF is not fitting in with the current Husker player? We will never know. I think there is a lot of communication issues with coaches and players, We look lost as a program now as bad as any in 60 years. I think HCSF needs to soul search because it is not working. I think it is a square peg round hole and no one on the staff is able to fix it. Thus you get what we have. I do not think this current staff can win the B1G. The staff has been consistently out coach and other teams have figured out the system and know how to take advantage,.

Bo won at a good pace. I say he was a good coach and became his own enemy. Maybe HCSF is not fitting in with the current Husker player? We will never know. I think there is a lot of communication issues with coaches and players, We look lost as a program now as bad as any in 60 years. I think HCSF needs to soul search because it is not working. I think it is a square peg round hole and no one on the staff is able to fix it. Thus you get what we have. I do not think this current staff can win the B1G. The staff has been consistently out coach and other teams have figured out the system and know how to take advantage,.
Year 2.

I just wish he’d shave. It doesn’t help that he looks so disheveled.

Is he miserable? I hope he’s at least as miserable as I’ve felt after these last three games.

I just wish he’d shave. It doesn’t help that he looks so disheveled.

Is he miserable? I hope he’s at least as miserable as I’ve felt after these last three games.

If he shaved, people would question if he's spending enough time working on coaching the team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back