• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CoachesHotSeat.com

Bell, Mo Washington., Jurgens, just to name a few. OZ was better then Bell, Jurgens still is the weakest link on Oline, and Mo Washington was not the best this year or last, Wan Dale is not a running back. Mills is the better tackle to tackle running back and what message are you sending to others RB we will just bypass you? We allow repetitive errors in games lool at Center, LB, and Dline
You've been to practices?

I do not advocate attacking members.
Do you get off on poking bears?
You seem to like to get under the skin of people and it is not proper.
I am a paying member that can offer my observations and critics.
Attack? Ok.

Bell, Mo Washington., Jurgens, just to name a few. OZ was better then Bell, Jurgens still is the weakest link on Oline, and Mo Washington was not the best this year or last, Wan Dale is not a running back. Mills is the better tackle to tackle running back and what message are you sending to others RB we will just bypass you? We allow repetitive errors in games lool at Center, LB, and Dline
Honestly you’re citing a graduated player to discuss playing time this year? Alright then

HCSF is having a rough patch to be sure and it shows in his demeanor. Why wouldn't it show? He's extremely frustrated and I believe he doesn't have any quick answers. Not what he expected when he came back home but the reality of the situation is perhaps a little over whelming.

Having said that if anyone thinks HCSF is a quitter then they know nothing about him. He will get it figured out it's simply going to take more time and talent then he orginally anticipated. He's still got a lot to learn about being a HC imo but that's not his fault. He was all but BEGGED to take the HC job at Nebraska and given a 7 year 35 million contract. If he has any second thoughts now it's FAR to late because the die has been cast. No major program is going to come knocking on his door after the results so far with Nebraska's program.

He's going to need to evaulate everything and everyone AFTER this season is over regardless of the next 3 game results. Bottom line I still firmly believe he will get through this trial by fire and be a much better HC as an end product. I'm going to support him but also feel free to criticize when I disagree with some of his tactics and personnel decisions. No one said it was going to be easy but at 5 million a year he's extremely well compensated to take some incoming fire!

Last edited:
Wasn’t the point of my post. His demeanor / depression with progress is probably negatively affecting the team

But make no mistake if he has 3 consecutive 4-8 seasons the list of his backers will not be a plurality including me.

He has to make a bowl next year. Not saying he wouldn't be back for year four even minus a bowl game in his first three years (and 4 straight overall for Nebraska), but he'd definitely be on the hot seat in year four.

As you are suggesting, I don't think five years is an absolute given. As I've said before, Frost is getting more rope and forgiveness simply because of his name (any other coach would be on a hot seat much sooner). But a ton of shine has worn off these past two losses (Indiana, Purdue). I've seen a lot of people that were still quite confident not more than 2-3 weeks ago now expressing significant concerns. If we don't make a bowl game in 2020, the vast majority of the Nebraska fan base will be very displeased. And then I would start to worry about ticket sales in 2021. I'm not worried about sales for next season -- but one more year similar to this, and I'd be concerned. Tough decisions would need to be made if selling tickets ever became an issue.

Last edited:
He will be shown the door if the record is 4-8 and they perform three years in a row like this. I do not think he makes it through the season if he starts 3-5

Last edited:

HCSF is having a rough patch to be sure and it shows in his demeanor. Why wouldn't it show? He's extremely frustrated and I believe he doesn't have any quick answers. Not what he expected when he came back home but the reality of the situation is perhaps a little over whelming.

Having said that if anyone thinks HCSF is a quitter then they know nothing about him. He will get it figured out it's simply going to take more time and talent then he orginally anticipated. He's still got a lot to learn about being a HC imo but that's not his fault. He was all but BEGGED to take the HC job at Nebraska and given a 7 year 35 million contract. If he has any second thoughts now it's FAR to late because the die has been cast. No major program is going to come knocking on his door after the results so far with Nebraska's program.

He's going to need to evaulate everything and everyone AFTER this season is over regardless of the next 3 game results. Bottom line I still firmly believe he will get through this trial by fire and be a much better HC as an end product. I'm going to support him but also feel free to criticize when I disagree with some of his tactics and personnel decisions. No one said it was going to be easy but at 5 million a year he's extremely well compensated to take some incoming fire!
I'd be more concerned if he had no or little emotion to his team's situation.

He’s no stranger to scrutiny at Nebraska and he’s much more mature now than he was back then. I think he can handle it. And I also think that he’s going to turn this around. Nebraska has been waiting a long time for Scott Frost to show up. Pulling the pin before Year 5 is madness, in my mind.

I see the product on the field and I suppose your coach in practice? Get a clue
You seem the one short on clues. Ziggy wasn’t seen as the best back by at least 2 staffs, and numerous accounts had Bell looking great at practice. Washington was easily the most explosive player on the field last year, and that includes JD and Stan. Jurgens, the freshman playing a position he’s never played before SHOULD be the worst guy we have on the line, and it should be by a wide margin, but it’s not, and he’s actually looked better as the season progressed. Frost sees far more in Jurgens than little Farn, and based on his progress, he might be right. As for MoWa, he made teams tense every time he touched the ball, but even with that, Frost held him out, kept his carries down, and eventually suspended him. Maybe not as soon as some would have liked, but he did discipline him multiple times in the season.

We get it, you like to make noise, you pop off with these ‘factual’ statements that are all nearly void of any real facts. The difference in this case is as squeaky as you are, you aren’t getting any oil, because frankly you aren’t worthy, you’re just noisy.

Funny how some want Frost to show more emotion yet Pelini was practically run out of town for doing just that. Was he overboard? Probably, but the media stoked that fire because he didn't like them and he regularly let them know it. Watch any game next weekend and you will see the coaches (assuming the cameras show them) going nuts pretty regularly. I wonder why guys like Pelini aren't allowed to do that?

Disclaimer- I'm definitely not a Pelini apologist or whatever the hell it's called, and I support Frost 100%, but it does seem like there is a bit of double standard in coaching behavior these days (and not just at Nebraska!) especially if the coach isn't very well-liked.

‘Maybe there is a happy medium? It’s hard to argue that Pelini‘s passion wasn’t motivating to his team. Personally I’d like to see Scott show a bit more sideline passion during games. Coaches displays of passion may be extremely important motivators in football, particularly at the college level and particularly with kids who know they don’t have the skills to play at the professional level.

You seem the one short on clues. Ziggy wasn’t seen as the best back by at least 2 staffs, and numerous accounts had Bell looking great at practice. Washington was easily the most explosive player on the field last year, and that includes JD and Stan. Jurgens, the freshman playing a position he’s never played before SHOULD be the worst guy we have on the line, and it should be by a wide margin, but it’s not, and he’s actually looked better as the season progressed. Frost sees far more in Jurgens than little Farn, and based on his progress, he might be right. As for MoWa, he made teams tense every time he touched the ball, but even with that, Frost held him out, kept his carries down, and eventually suspended him. Maybe not as soon as some would have liked, but he did discipline him multiple times in the season.

We get it, you like to make noise, you pop off with these ‘factual’ statements that are all nearly void of any real facts. The difference in this case is as squeaky as you are, you aren’t getting any oil, because frankly you aren’t worthy, you’re just noisy.

Ziggy was a power runner and both the current and previous wanted smaller scat style backs. Bell by all gameplay accounts other than the practice reports was a backup quality back. Are these the same that thought AM would be 2x better this year?
I do give credit to solid performance and I have coached football both youth and men. I stand behind my statements in regard to whats wrong. l have given credit in many posts and have positives threads. I think there are some posters to quick to criticize.

Although I think him being on the hotseat is way off base, I have gotten the sense that he isn’t enjoying himself like he was at UCF. But then again, it’s hard enjoying yourself while staring down back-to-back below .500 seasons.
He knew what he was getting, and he knew it was going to be a long frustrating build. He knew this wasn't going to be fun. But it will be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back