• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Pelini to LSU as D Cord.

ok, thanks for the addl into, I thought Reiff had been pursued heavily by Iowa the entire time, which was my main point. Any time there is a staff change, top guys bail...for multiple reasons. Ive tried to forget all these stupid arguments...
Yeah, you're right, Iowa was after him, but he had verbally committed to Callahan's staff, and he had every intention of coming after Bo was hired. He and his whole family were even excited about it, expecting improvement with the change in staff,... but then he couldn't get anyone to answer his call.

Most of the coaches in the area got the perspective that Bo and his staff generally didn't think much of the local recruits, and that opinion dropped even lower when you crossed the border going north. It was very frustrating to be a Huskers fan living in SD during that time.

Looks like LSU is serious about its staff. They aren’t afraid to lay down some jack. 2.3 m to be DC, and a 3 year deal. Bo can do nothing but enhance Orgeron.

They lost a lot in early drafts, but I’m sure they’ll be formidable once comfortable. They play Texas early and Texas will probably be pretty solid offensively. Will be an early test for them.

I truly don't know why anyone is, or would/could be that upset about BO to LSU.

They have nothing on us. We have Eric.

It's all good!

GBR!

It's only rivaled by the happy endings some like to massage into the narrative.

The bottom line is Pelini was fired from Nebraska. Smrt fans waive goodbye.

I don't think it's rivaled at all.

We've got one, maybe two who still extol his virtue against all others but TO. The vast majority of comments are negative with the other end of the spectrum being largely neutral about him and objective about his coaching time here.

He's going to do well at LSU and we'll have folks here going out of their way to give him no credit for it.

If history repeats itself, the Huskers will hire Bo as the next coach in about four years. Won't that be something to look forward to? :Sarcastic:

He didn’t keep it to screw NU, he kept it because it was the best HC gig available to him.
Agreed.

He was rumored candidate for several openings throughout his tenure at YSU - Purdue being one ... never really got into the finalist stage for that or any others.

I have no issue with someone who disagrees with me. Happens all the time. You make it personal and in this case your incorrect. As you once again did. You just can not help yourself

With that being said you know the information that I was referring to. You keep pushing it and I will let the whole board know what kind of person you really are and you do not want to go there your own words know less.

Move on

RR

WTH?

Not a good look for a moderator to threaten another member.

He didn’t keep it to screw NU, he kept it because it was the best HC gig available to him.
Supplemented by $130K/month from the university he loathed didnt hurt either and made it far more palatable as well I am sure...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back