• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Pelini to LSU as D Cord.

Pelini is a spiteful man who milked the Huskers by buying his time at YSU for a few hundred K a year, when he could have had like position as DC at a major program like LSU anytime after he left the huskers which would have saved the state of Nebraska over $1M per year for the last 5 years

He is dead to me. He never really cared about this program. It was always him against anyone with a different opinion and given the way he left the program was disgraceful

I will never write another word about him
:Lol:
He was not talking about what he was contractually obligated to. He was talking about what was right or wrong from a moral perspective.
A moral perspective? Nebraska's garbage AD fired a successful football coach knowing full well what was owed on the contract. Bo secured a head coaching position one level down from the job he was fired from.

Immoral would be working out an agreement with your former employer to return and make 1/3 the salary of the next lowest paid assistant. Riley's $50,000 salary at Oregon State was immoral.

A moral perspective? Nebraska's garbage AD fired a successful football coach knowing full well what was owed on the contract. Bo secured a head coaching position one level down from the job he was fired from.

Immoral would be working out an agreement with your former employer to return and make 1/3 the salary of the next lowest paid assistant. Riley's $50,000 salary at Oregon State was immoral.
Actually, neither were immoral.

It's only rivaled by the happy endings some like to massage into the narrative.

The bottom line is Pelini was fired from Nebraska. Smrt fans waive goodbye.

You know what? I was gonna type something and realized after so many years, I just don't really care. Bo got shafted by incompetent pencil pushers, acted like an ass on his way out, and moved on. I wish him well and am also glad he's not the coach anymore. The end.

I am still amazed at the level of venom some here continue to spew for the man.

Good grief.
That’s because they don’t know squat, what really went down, or, outright plain don’t care. Cracks me up. Most of those same people thought Riley was a good coach. Lol. He’s the best coach NU has had since Osborne. Maybe Frost will change that narrative. We’ll see.

I think both you and @Oracle of Lincoln have serious reading comprehension problems. My statement did not either endorse or disagree with @dallasblackshirt I simply explained to Oracle what he meant. explaining meaning is not an endorsement of said statement. If Oracle had not misrepresented the post from DBS I would not have said anything.

You do t like it when someone challenges your nonsense? Whatever man. Keep on keeping on. We all know. Lol.

I have no issue with someone who disagrees with me. Happens all the time. You make it personal and in this case your incorrect. As you once again did. You just can not help yourself

With that being said you know the information that I was referring to. You keep pushing it and I will let the whole board know what kind of person you really are and you do not want to go there. In your own words know less.

Move on

RR

Last edited:
Reiff had been recruited by Iowa and Ferentz had a good NFL track record, in a transition those top guys are sometimes first to bail regardless.
Reiff wanted to go to Nebraska. He grew up in a family of Husker fans. Bo and his staff wouldn't return Reiff's calls after Bo took over, so he contacted Ferentz to see if his offer was still there. Those are facts. That's what happened. I'm friends with his extended family. His aunt cuts my hair. I don't want to hear anyone put this one on anybody except Bo and his staff.

Fwiw, if we had landed Riley, we would have most likely also landed Brady, who started for Iowa at DT. He wasn't as good as Riley by any stretch of the imagination, but he would have added a lot of depth and experience over the past couple of seasons.

Last edited:
I have no issue with someone who disagrees with me. Happens all the time. You make it personal and in this case your incorrect. As you once again did. You just can not help yourself

With that being said you know the information that I was referring to. You keep pushing it and I will let the whole board know what kind of person you really are and you do not want to go there. In your own words know less.

Move on

RR
How I really am? Oh yeah, right. I’ve done nothing to you. I just hate it when you feel you need to throw around your “power” and talk to people like they are a bunch of 8 year olds. It’s a bunch of nonsense. Peace.

Reiff wanted to go to Nebraska. He grew up in a family of Husker fans. Bo and his staff wouldn't return Reiff's calls after Bo took over, so he contacted Ferentz to see if his offer was still there. Those are facts. That's what happened. I'm friends with his extended family. His aunt cuts my hair. I don't want to hear anyone put this one on anybody except Bo and his staff.

Fwiw, if we had landed Riley, we would have most likely also landed Brady, who started for Iowa at DT. He wasn't as good as Riley by any stretch of the imagination, but he would have added a lot of depth and experience over the past couple of seasons.

ok, thanks for the addl into, I thought Reiff had been pursued heavily by Iowa the entire time, which was my main point. Any time there is a staff change, top guys bail...for multiple reasons. Ive tried to forget all these stupid arguments...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back