• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Clester Johnson calling out media and Matt Davison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this was the point to Clester Johnson's tweet.
He is questioning the silence on the part of Matt Davison.
Surely Matt would have insight to the ongoings at Memorial Stadium.

Yes, I know the point of Clester's tweet, but Matt doesn't have to respond to anyone outside of the U.. matter of fact that would be freaking stupid to do so. Hell, they already have people wanting to burn him at the stake, and they have zero facts.

Show you a quote? I asked you a question and you didn't respond about how you know he is guilty.. yet here you are wanting to burn him at the stake.
You are delusional. I owe you nothing. I never made any public claims about Matt Davison. I will leave that to others.

Why don’t you tweet Clester Johnson and Adam Carriker about it since they are tweeting about it.

Inane? Are you sure? So pre season did you believe even the simplistic of issues about SF and his hobbies? Do you believe any of it now since mainstream media is now referencing it? In a matter of a week and 70 % of the fan base has a totally different understanding of SF and the football program.
Dude, I'm on record for multiple years as recognizing Scott as a flawed man who I was rooting for to overcome his issues & succeed both personally & professionally. This strawman of a doe-eyed babe in the woods isn't gonna fly.
It gives some fans a better understanding of why our slam dunk hire didn’t work out. It might help future hires understand why the failure took place and how quickly it could be remedied. And it might give some credibility back to players and coaches that have been blamed for the dysfunctional coach.
This is proving my point - it's the psychology behind why people are accepting obvious over-the-top garbage from every random twitter user as carrying any credibility, repeating it to multiple people, hearing it back at other parts of the grapevine, and saying "I heard it from multiple people." It justifies your/their anger, and blinds you to even considering things like why the exact same story is circulating now with Scott Frost's name that's previously been told about Frank Solich, Bill Moos, Matt Davison, & probably others.

Just like you were naive if you thought there was never any truth to the stories of poor choices by the last admin, you're a gullible mark if you believe all the stories now.

Yes, I know the point of Clester's tweet, but Matt doesn't have to respond to anyone outside of the U.. matter of fact that would be freaking stupid to do so. Hell, they already have people wanting to burn him at the stake, and they have zero facts.
I would consider Johnson, and Carriker part of the University.
Once a Husker always a Husker.
Matt owes me nothing, but it appears that there is a division among past Husker teammates and Carriker, and Johnson feel an explanation is needed.

I would consider Johnson, and Carriker part of the University.
Once a Husker always a Husker.
Matt owes me nothing, but it appears that there is a division among past Husker teammates and Carriker, and Johnson feel an explanation is needed.

yes, they will always be huskers, but that doesn't mean they are part of the U.. meaning they know what is going on. If you notice Clester didn't go one way or the other, which means he doesn't know, either.

YOU started this thread, not Clester or Adam. Yeah, I am delusional because I want facts, and not innuendo.. what a silly post.

Boo hoo. I’m hoping an investigative reporter from ESPN is willing to report the truth. We shall see. We are all along for the ride.

Summary from my view:
-Matt was and is Scott's right hand man along with Gerrod.
-With zero experience Matt got an Associate AD position as a reward for helping bring Scott to NU.
-As part of that position plus the close friendship, Matt knows every inch of the Scott Frost era and made a nice pocket of money the last few years while doing it.
-Scott let the fame and money go to his head and was not living the lifestyle of a married father of a young child while holding the highest job in Nebraska. Scott saw it failing and continued down the wrong path.
-Matt is now trying to slip away into the night like he played no part in enabling Scott while he killed off the football program, likely trying to preserve his own radio gig. He's a piece of crap just like Frost.

... And I need to provide zero evidence for my opinion....That's the benefit of a forum in the good 'ol US of A. Go Big Red.

Last edited:

If they did that, slandered Mike Riley, (I know Frost talked crap) they look even stupider. Mike Riley is 20x the coach Frost is/was. Man, that was hard to write. Never thought I’d say that. Wow.
Frost talked crap about every past coach “who brought the NU program down” and had to “change the culture at NU because these kids don’t know how to win”.

Really? Just wow…..

What about the rest of the coaches? They all knew what was going on and said nothing, that includes our current head coach. Why are they getting a pass from some of you?

You expected the assistants to seek an outlet to publicly destroy Frost while he was still head coach? Absolutely no way would any assistants for any staff do that. That's nuts.

Now, they can take their concerns to Trev, as he's the one who controls the situation (and from what I heard -- grain of salt -- some of them did just that). But I also am not sure Trev owes us an explanation. Do ADs typically detail why a coach they fired failed? I don't think so.

Trev and the remaining coaches have jobs to do, and it doesn't involve explaining the reason(s) Frost failed.

A reason Benning is moving on? Doesn't want to deal with the s***storm coming? Being both a former player and soon to be former media.
Maybe, but all involved did say that DB first expressed his desire to leave like 4 or 5 months ago. Doesn't mean you're wrong but I'll take him and them at their word.

We all know, if we really think about it, that if we weren't there and didn't witness it with our own eyes, we don't know it to be true. Even then eyewitness acounts of two people witnessing the same incident often differ. My wife and one of her running buddies were flashed by a guy one morning and later that day they differed on the height of the guy, what top he was wearing, what he did after flashing them, etc.

So "my cousin's friend's" accounts may be the absolute truth but until posted by that friend, it must be taken with a big swallow of salt.

One poster on this board referenced "white powder." Really? You are going to put something like that on the board when coming to you it is simply rumor (unless you were there and had some so you know what the powder was).

Yet I tend to believe that he was really screwing up when there are so many rumours about scandalous things posted, none of which taking separately can pass the truth test. I suspect I'm no different on that from many on the board.

At this point, however, I have to admit those stories are getting dull and I am much more interested in how we play against Indiana than plowing that old field.
Sorry about that.

What about the rest of the coaches? They all knew what was going on and said nothing, that includes our current head coach. Why are they getting a pass from some of you?
Just don't. I've seen horrible behavior from bosses and bosses of others. The good people who worked for them were rarely in a position to speak out. More often than not they did their utmost to overcome said bad behavior because they cared enough about the organization to make the effort.

Further, if the rumors are true, they weren't silent. It is highly likely at least one of them went to Trev to discuss what he had been observing.

No
Frost talked crap about every past coach “who brought the NU program down” and had to “change the culture at NU because these kids don’t know how to win”.

Really? Just wow…..
This my entire issue with the last regime.
Mike Riley and his staff were thrown under the bus and ran over for 5 years.
There was no accountability by Frost.

Really? Just wow…..

Riley made for the perfect scapegoat for Frost (and Davison).

The fan base was generally glad to see Riley leave and many noted his shortcomings from day one. As Frost continued to struggle to turn things around, he knew he could continue to blame Riley and the "culture" that apparently lingered for years after his departure -- and a large percentage of fans went right along with that.

Of course, Frost wasn't going to improve any culture when his own actions were riddled with immaturity and lack of responsibility.

Leaders who point fingers almost always are doing so when they should be pointing fingers at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back