• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chris Bleich Commits To UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing, but plenty of time to find another OL recruit. Bleich is a good prospect, but I would think UCLA could find comparable OL talent in their back yard.

Like Yuengling said in the post above, let's if this commitment lasts. Maybe at some point he'll decide to split the distance between State College and L.A. and wind up somewhere in the Midwest.

Exactly why I only pay attention to national guys. Nobody saw this coming, not even the UCLA insiders. Wiltfong, Bartow...thise you pay attention to IMPO

Who do they typically know that puts them in the know?

I wish Cav would keep more players in the mix. Seems like when we miss on linemen we strike out. Not like WR and DB when we miss the next week we hit a home run with an even better player.

V0iLRy.gif

Can't speak for N2FL and I obviously don't follow it closely, but I would think local guys may have as good or sometimes even better connections with some players, but a lot less experience and perspective seeing the game go down on a national basis. JMO.

He was a Penn State recruit until just a month or so ago...he gave us a hard look and decided on what he believes are greener pastures...no big deal. I am surprised that he seems to be getting as far away from home as possible when his father is ill. He will likely regret that some day, unless Dad follows him out West.

Last edited:
He was a Penn State recruit until just a month or so ago...he gave us a hard look and decided on what he believes are greener pastures...no big deal. I am surprised that he seems to be getting as far away from home as possible when his father is ill. He will likely regret that some day, unless Dad follows him out West.
Agree with all of this.

The "weird" part of this was he totally projected the Huskers, even to the point of not long ago posting a twitter pic of him in a Husker uniform saying "restoring the pipeline". Then a few short weeks later, UCLA. Again.....hmmmmm

Trust me no real loss here. Wish him luck but hopefully it opens up a spot for a young lineman who's going to WORK to improve.

I wish Cav would keep more players in the mix. Seems like when we miss on linemen we strike out. Not like WR and DB when we miss the next week we hit a home run with an even better player.

Cav is not that farsighted, just like his philosophy of the OL starters 'gelling'.

Nebraska apparently still in the mix for Bleich despite being committed to UCLA.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/...uiting-assistants-arent-paid-enough-105943117

Riley and company have elevated expectations on the recruiting trail in Lincoln and head into the fall still in the mix to land more touted targets. In the secondary, Nebraska remains firmly in the mix for five-star Talanoa Hufanga and fellow Top247 cornerbacks Christian Tutt and Houston Griffith. Nebraska is a top contender for defensive end Daniel Carson, and it sounds like UCLA offensive line commit Chris Bleich is still considering playing in Lincoln.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back