• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Charles Jackson keeping his options open???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should clarify. Obviously I cant pick when he starts, but I feel he will eventually be the starting CB opposite Dennard - SOON. This is not to say I dont like Ciante Evans and his talents, it is just that IMHO Charles Jackson is the most talented CB recruit of the Pelini era. Nobody can tell when a player just wont pan out and for whatever reason does not progress as expected in college, but all things being equal - I think Jackson has the best tools of anyone Pelini has signed.

did anybody watch Big Red WrapUp's interview....I am not trying to read into anything, but it was probably one of the most awkward interviews I have seen on there. What was weird is they would ask him questions about the Army Game and there would be these awkward silences from charles and then AF and KK. At one point he is excited when he tells them that he roomed with the guy that is now going to Arkansas (Tevin Mitchell?)...the BWW guys are quiet then Brian C asked another question.

They would ask him if he learned anything from the coaches in the army game and he said No. Then they asked him what he needs to work on and he said Nothing. These comments surprised Kubler and he makes some funny comments. The interviewers were at a loss several times. I am not saying it is MEANING anything, this is a thread about the kid that was interviewed on a show last night.

To be honest I am always impressed when the kids can carry on a conversation ( Tyler Moore was a great interview). Charles sounded smart and he had a lot of praise for his dad, who he says works out with him all the time. He said he was fully committed to NU so I take his word for it. If you haven't seen this episode, it is worth watching this segment for the recruiting info.

did anybody watch Big Red WrapUp's interview....I am not trying to read into anything, but it was probably one of the most awkward interviews I have seen on there. What was weird is they would ask him questions about the Army Game and there would be these awkward silences from charles and then AF and KK. At one point he is excited when he tells them that he roomed with the guy that is now going to Arkansas (Tevin Mitchell?)...the BWW guys are quiet then Brian C asked another question.

They would ask him if he learned anything from the coaches in the army game and he said No. Then they asked him what he needs to work on and he said Nothing. These comments surprised Kubler and he makes some funny comments. The interviewers were at a loss several times. I am not saying it is MEANING anything, this is a thread about the kid that was interviewed on a show last night.

To be honest I am always impressed when the kids can carry on a conversation ( Tyler Moore was a great interview). Charles sounded smart and he had a lot of praise for his dad, who he says works out with him all the time. He said he was fully committed to NU so I take his word for it. If you haven't seen this episode, it is worth watching this segment for the recruiting info.

Hmmmm......I'm going to have to go back and listen. When I heard it live it sure sounded quite different to me.

I was impressed with the young man.

I didn't get the same impression. Imagine that two people not agreeing on one subject. KK started out in the wrong mood (imagine that) and finally adjusted. I think CJ did just fine. On learning anything he said the coaches said were not going to teach you anything just do what you did to get here. On what he needs to work on he paused for awhile and then finally said hip movement. Like you I did think he was impressive.

Hope he stays committed.

Nothing out of the ordinary with that interview. Sounded very normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back