• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chances of Hosting ESPN College GameDay vs OSU

I don’t know...Gameday still gets me going on Saturday mornings. Their intros and opening segments are pretty compelling. That said, I usually just watch the first hour or so unless there’s an interesting feature later on. Corso is a shadow of himself...sad to see. Would love to see him do a show in Lincoln before he retires though.
yeah it is just a show. I enjoy it

Not a fan of Game Day these days. Tedious and boring in my opinion. Like ESPN ( which has lost a lot of ground in college football).

Desmond Howard is insufferable to listen to and much as I like Lee Corso probabley time for him to hang it up

I would rather have the B1G Tailgate Show
Spot on. Could care less about Game Day.

If Gameday is in town it does not make a beat down by OSU worse or more embarrassing. Like some have said, Gameday happens many hours before the game. Some weird logic happening there. What may add to the embarrassing beat down(if it was to happen) is the fact it is a nationally televised game during prime time on ABC. I don't see anyone complaining about that or suggesting it be at noon on BTN.

C

Can’t see how anyone that is a fan of Nebraska football wouldn’t want the exposure that comes with Gameday being in town. Whether you like the crew or the show or not, lots of people watch it, and more importantly RECRUITS notice that stuff. Oh, and it means we’re moving back into relevancy.

Some of you guys are unreal....

Can’t see how anyone that is a fan of Nebraska football wouldn’t want the exposure that comes with Gameday being in town. Whether you like the crew or the show or not, lots of people watch it, and more importantly RECRUITS notice that stuff. Oh, and it means we’re moving back into relevancy.

As any hyperactive kid knows, ANY attention is GOOD attention. Even bad attention.

Even if we lose, it's still great exposure, I just hope that we either win (by any margin) or lose in a close game.

FWIW according to an article on Sporting News, their predictions for next week we're Utah vs Wash St., Notre Dame vs. Virginia, or Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech. With Utah losing I would guess OU because they won't want Notre Dame to be featured 2 weeks in a row. I don't want Gameday in Lincoln, for reasons I'll save for a different post.

OU vs. Tech? LOL. No way they’re sending Gameday there. Tech beat two terrible teams then played a very poor game at Arizona last week. They might win five games. OU will beat them by 40.

Last edited:

As any hyperactive kid knows, ANY attention is GOOD attention. Even bad attention.

Even if we lose, it's still great exposure, I just hope that we either win (by any margin) or lose in a close game.
I think the exposure is great and it might help with recruiting. Of course it is ABC's primetime game so the exposure will already pretty high.

I just wonder if the added hype of Gameday to a highly anticipated game against an incredibly challenging opponent would be too much for such a young, immature team to handle. I suppose if it happens we'll find out a lot.

Another possibility they might consider is USC @ UW. After last night USC has a decent storyline going, even if they played with all the class of 90’s Miami and took advantage of double-digit Utah penalties.

I think the exposure is great and it might help with recruiting. Of course it is ABC's primetime game so the exposure will already pretty high.

I just wonder if the added hype of Gameday to a highly anticipated game against an incredibly challenging opponent would be too much for such a young, immature team to handle. I suppose if it happens we'll find out a lot.

I agree with this sentiment, but and that is a capital but, it's better this stuff happens early and now then later when it really matters. Get them used to the pressure of Game Day and the hype then next time it'll be nothing to them.

Not to mention the SEC lovefest. Shamelessly pitching their product the SEC network
Like it or not pal the SEC is THE best conference in football the past decade , now, and in the foreseeable future. Power speed and coaching is hard to beat along with the best players that are coached up to the NFL

I agree with this sentiment, but and that is a capital but, it's better this stuff happens early and now then later when it really matters. Get them used to the pressure of Game Day and the hype then next time it'll be nothing to them.
Excellent point. The team can only control what they can, so if it happens I'll be excited to see how they deal with it. I love the potential this young team has!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back