• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chances of Hosting ESPN College GameDay vs OSU

HuskerTex

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.. we have to beat Illinois first of course. But there's still a good chance despite losing to Colorado that Lincoln gets to host GameDay just due to the atmosphere and lack of big ranked games next weekend according to Brad Edwards. It would be the first time NU has hosted it since ‘07 vs USC.

Would be a big help if USC beats Utah tonight. As of this post USC is up 14-10. Our main competition next week is Washington State-Utah

Last edited:

Not a fan of Game Day these days. Tedious and boring in my opinion. Like ESPN ( which has lost a lot of ground in college football).

Desmond Howard is insufferable to listen to and much as I like Lee Corso probabley time for him to hang it up

I would rather have the B1G Tailgate Show

Last edited:
I don’t know...Gameday still gets me going on Saturday mornings. Their intros and opening segments are pretty compelling. That said, I usually just watch the first hour or so unless there’s an interesting feature later on. Corso is a shadow of himself...sad to see. Would love to see him do a show in Lincoln before he retires though.

Last edited:

Given the big recruiting weekend, with players and their families that probably watch Gameday, I would think the University would absolutely love to have them show up. Certainly wouldn’t hurt our recruiting efforts in the Southeast.

I barely watch Gameday anymore, but that’s because the Huskers have hardly been mentioned for how many years now? When we return to relevance on the national stage, I will probably start watching it more often. I do agree on the quality of the commentary.. they need some new faces.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Game Day these days. Tedious and boring in my opinion. Like ESPN ( which has lost a lot of ground in college football).

Desmond Howard is insufferable to listen to and much as I like Lee Corso probabley time for him to hang it up

I would rather have the B1G Tailgate Show

Agreed that it’s not the same as it used to be. But a GameDay atmosphere would be big for the program. Haven’t had national attention like that in Lincoln in 12 years. Also great for recruiting.

Fox Sports has a fantastic Big Noon Kickoff lineup with Urban Meyer, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinert and Brady Quinn.

Yes, I can appreciate Herbstreit and Howard as former players, but they're too salesy/broadcasty in their delivery. The Fox guys feel more like players talking about the game. They do a lot more in-depth breakdowns of plays and the Xs and Os.

Last edited:

FWIW according to an article on Sporting News, their predictions for next week we're Utah vs Wash St., Notre Dame vs. Virginia, or Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech. With Utah losing I would guess OU because they won't want Notre Dame to be featured 2 weeks in a row. I don't want Gameday in Lincoln, for reasons I'll save for a different post.

We're not ready for the CFP, and we're not ready to host Gameday. This feels too much like being 7-0 in 2016. I think the big stage is something we don't want right now.

Game Day brings energy to the campus. Big game, big recruiting weekend, big facility announcement DONU should take advantage of the show if it can. By the way, the game is 8 hours after the show is over (we will be featured not embarrassed on Game Day). No fear of failure GBR

Game Day brings energy to the campus. Big game, big recruiting weekend, big facility announcement DONU should take advantage of the show if it can. By the way, the game is 8 hours after the show is over (we will be featured not embarrassed on Game Day). No fear of failure GBR

And don’t forget, we’ve got a prime time slot on ABC to either be featured, or embarrassed, as you say.

Whether we’re ready for the spotlight or not, it’s starting to happen to us anyways. Hope Frost can get the boys ready to go.

I don't think (I hope) that we don't get boatraced by Ohio State. If we lose but the game is close, I'll still consider that a win for national exposure. If we win, we gain an extra 2-3 places in the polls just from the coverage itself.

Competitive game last fall (lost by 5) at the Shoe. To get to where we all want this program to be, can't be afraid of the bright lights & the big stage.

I think it's the perfect time to showcase the heartland & the home of the Huskers to the CFB world again - GBR!

:Ironn:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back