• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFP Who's In Who's Out

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
#1 Alabama (SEC)
#2 Clemson (ACC)
#3 Ohio State (B1G)
#4 Notre Dame (ACC)
----------------------------------
#5 A&M
#6 OU :Facepalm:

Still biased. OU is no way Top 6. Weaker and weak Bevo Conference.

Robbed ...... Georgia, Florida and maybe Cinnci. (Who's out)

And swap #4 & #5 IMO.

Ohio St vs Clemson --- Sugar Bowl

Last edited:

#1 Alabama
#2 Clemson
#3 Ohio State
#4 Notre Dame
----------------------------------
#5 A&M
#6 OU :Facepalm:

Still biased. OU is no way Top 6. Weaker and weak Bevo Conference.

Robbed ...... Georgia, Florida and maybe Cinnci.

And swap #4 & #5 IMO.
How was Georgia or Florida robbed? No way does A&M belong. They already had their ass kicked by #1, it was ugly. Florida lost to LSU, at home, with some fans, who had 5 losses. A&M is a fraud and Georgia isn’t much better. I think they did about the only thing they could have done with the top 4.

How was Georgia or Florida robbed? No way does A&M belong. They already had their ass kicked by #1, it was ugly. Florida lost to LSU, at home, with some fans, who had 5 losses. A&M is a fraud and Georgia isn’t much better. I think they did about the only thing they could have done with the top 4.
Not final four but "who's out". Florida losses; Alabama (see last night) and LSU. Gooners losses; KSU and ISU. Who's better? SEC >>>>>>> Bevo Conference.

Last edited:

On the field YES but in the conference room Its all Texas all the time Money talks and Bevo has the Pin number for the ATM card for the Big 12
Tell me what Texas has done since Nebraska left that has affected the other teams in the conference.

No way does A&M belong. They already had their ass kicked by #1, it was ugly....... A&M is a fraud.....
A&M deserved the spot over ND. A&M was much more competitive on the field than the score indicated. There was less than 100 yards difference in total offense, A&M had more first downs. A couple of bad INTs, penalty issues and a couple of failed fourth down conversions were fatal. A&M was far closer to Bama's level than Clemson was to ND yesterday. The farce is the assertion the ND win over Clemson without Lawrence and Skalski was meaningful. It won't ultimately matter as we are headed to Clemson vs Bama anyway but A&M got screwed, IMO.

Last edited:
Tell me what Texas has done since Nebraska left that has affected the other teams in the conference.

They've been too busy throwing matches into gasoline-filled dumpsters. Look out if they ever get good again, though. They can barely keep their arrogance in check when they suck. Here's to hoping they keep running coaches off every three years while dreaming of sniffing Nick Saban's jock strap.

A&M deserved the spot over ND. A&M was much more competitive on the field than the score indicated. There was less than 100 yards difference in total offense, A&M had more first downs. A couple of bad INTs, penalty issues and a couple of failed fourth down conversions were fatal. A&M was far closer to Bama's level than Clemson was to ND yesterday. The farce is the assertion the ND win over Clemson without Lawrence and Skalski was meaningful. It won't ultimately matter as we are headed to Clemson vs Bama anyway but A&M got screwed, IMO.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what A&M has done. Florida is overrated like all of the SEC besides Bama. They've played nobody except Bama and Florida. The SEC is not good at all this year besides Bama.
ND gets in because they shouldn't get left out for losing a rematch, and then actually played a tough schedule this year.
I could listen to the argument about Cincy being robbed. They deserve a spot more than A&M.

Georgia had opportunities and lost to at Alabama (24-41) and in Jacksonville to 3 loss Florida (28-44). Two big losses and no division or conference title. No 2 loss team has ever been invited to the CFP. This isn't the poster child team to break the trend.

Florida is a 3 loss team. Just say no. NFW. It was a joke to even bring up 2 loss Florida, which had not just an ugly loss, but an ugly home loss to then way short-handed 3-5 LSU. In the past the Committee has indicated bad losses are very problematic (and left out Ohio State for that specific reason); however, apparently that doesn't apply to SEC teams, but you already suspected as much. You think the Group of 5 is mad at being excluded? Imagine the vitriol if Florida had been chosen as CFP team #4 this year over undefeated Cincinnati. Thankfully, that didn't happen despite Mouthpiece "3 Ls" Mulllen (gave him another 'l' after the SEC Championship) campaigning ad nauseum to include the Gators in the CFP.

A&M got rolled at Alabama 24-52. It's best win is at home over a 3 loss Florida team 41-38. Other than that, nothing but garbage wins over lousy teams. And a comical performance in College Station against 0-9 Vanderbilt, with TAMU hanging on 17-12.

Undefeated Cincinnati (9-0) definitely has a gripe for largely ignored and ultimately left out. To a lesser extent, Coastal Carolina is in the same boat. Unfortunately, such is the reality for Group of 5 programs under the current 4 team CFP. It happened to UCF a few years ago. Until the CFP expands to 8 teams, there is a glass ceiling for Group of 5 programs.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what A&M has done. Florida is overrated like all of the SEC besides Bama. They've played nobody except Bama and Florida. The SEC is not good at all this year besides Bama.
ND gets in because they shouldn't get left out for losing a rematch, and then actually played a tough schedule this year.
I could listen to the argument about Cincy being robbed. They deserve a spot more than A&M.
I"d be ok with Cincy, though 27-24 over Tulsa wasn't impressive. I guess I don't see the ND win over Clemson without Lawrence as equal to A&M's win over Florida. No way ND beats Clemson at full strength and its crazy to not take that in to account. It's also hard for me to give ND a lot of credit for beating UNC when UNC lost to FSU and UVA. The SEC wasn't all that deep but I don't see any real edge for ND in strength of schedule as the ACC wasn't exactly a juggernaut, either, and the Irish were not remotely competitive with Clemson. I just think A&M did more than ND and maybe more than tOSU. The Aggie defense is actually really, really good. Their offense can struggle at times, though, as they lack the big time receiving threat on the outside.

Last edited:

In this topsy turvy... on, off, back on again pandemic "season"... where 2 of the P5 conference champs only played 6 games - yet an undefeated non P5 undefeated team STILL can't get a shot?

It's not an excuse to expand the playoff to 8 teams, it's simply long past time for the committee to have the courage to do their actual job & seed the four most deserving teams... come on - acknowledge a non-P5 team who earned the opportunity.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back