• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFP Who's In Who's Out

I"d be ok with Cincy, though 27-24 over Tulsa wasn't impressive. I guess I don't see the ND win over Clemson without Lawrence as equal to A&M's win over Florida. No way ND beats Clemson at full strength and its crazy to not take that in to account. It's also hard for me to give ND a lot of credit for beating UNC when UNC lost to FSU and UVA. The SEC wasn't all that deep but I don't see any real edge for ND in strength of schedule as the ACC wasn't exactly a juggernaut, either, and the Irish were not remotely competitive with Clemson. I just think A&M did more than ND and maybe more than tOSU. The Aggie defense is actually really, really good. Their offense can struggle at times, though, as they lack the big time receiving threat on the outside.

That's why these arguments are fun to have. I just think the SEC was not good this year, and had the luxury of inflated preseason rankings.

That's why these arguments are fun to have. I just think the SEC was not good this year, and had the luxury of inflated preseason rankings.

Yeah, definitely no right answer. I'd be hard pressed to argue the SEC matched its hype. It was definitely a top heavy conference and it sometimes lives off its reputation more than its on-the-field performance. SEC likes to talk trash on Big 12 defenses but the SEC had teams that made most Big 12 defenses look stout (I'm looking at you LSU, Ole Miss and Florida).

I'd really like to see the CFP at eight teams. Power 5 champs get in. Three spots go to Group of 5 or Independent. It would end the politicking, at least at the Power 5 level. Win your conference or you don't get in.

Last edited:
Only five teams made bowls in B1G:
  • Duke's Mayo Bowl Dec 30
    Wake Forest vs. Wisconsin
  • TransPerfect Music City Bowl Dec 30
    Missouri vs. 15 Iowa
  • Vrbo Citrus Bowl Jan 1
    14 Northwestern vs. Auburn
  • Allstate Sugar Bowl Jan 1 --- CFP Semifinal
    3 Ohio State vs. 2 Clemson
  • Outback Bowl Jan 2
    11 Indiana vs. Ole Miss
Three foe nicknames: Misery, Auburn and Clemson ....... Tigers

Last edited:
In this topsy turvy... on, off, back on again pandemic "season"... where 2 of the P5 conference champs only played 6 games - yet an undefeated non P5 undefeated team STILL can't get a shot?

It's not an excuse to expand the playoff to 8 teams, it's simply long past time for the committee to have the courage to do their actual job & seed the four most deserving teams... come on - acknowledge a non-P5 team who earned the opportunity.

I agree.

Sure, Cincy probably gets clocked by Bama. But I'd be much more interested to tune in that matchup than I will be Alabama-Notre Dame. That said, ND brings a lot of TV viewers with it, which probably drove the decision.

Otherwise, if there was ever a year to give a non-P5 team a shot, this was it. There simply wasn't a clear #4 team, so why not Cincinnati.

It’s the SOONER CONFERENCE! :Banana:

We own it!
8ccf6a87a6d8dccf82f2be9b416a9678.jpg

Bevo's lapdog ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back