• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Thompson Enters The Portal

Yeah like I said above there was talk he was going to leave

His shoulder appears to be good to boot

Great kid wish him the Best

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in the conversations he's had with staff.

I know the rumor has been out there, but I really thought he'd give it a whack this fall.

IMAO this certainly says something about where the staff is looking to take the offense this fall.

I'm sorry that the decision made by someone that has no bearing or direct impact on your life has had such a negative impact on you to the point that you are casting such ill will.

I hope things get better for you.
It’s not ill will. I don’t wish him any harm. I don’t care. Good riddance. What he did is totally weak. Where is his competitive fire? Obviously, he doesn’t have any.

But it was ok when he came here, because I don't really remember anyone calling him a quitter for leaving Texas.

It's a new staff and new offense. Maybe he felt he wasn't a good fit or he didn't really mesh with the new staff. It could be a ton of reasons other than "he's afraid of competition".
He wasn’t going to play at Texas with Ewers coming in. He was in play to play here this year, but he doesn’t want to compete. Look at it however, but he is leaving because he wants to be a guaranteed starter. He won’t get that anywhere at this level.

Good god man.

You have no idea what he's been told behind the scenes or where the offense is really going. He may not fit at all.
I really doubt they told him he wasn’t going to play, or even compete for playing time. Whatever, who cares, he can ride the bench somewhere else.

It’s not ill will. I don’t wish him any harm. I don’t care. Good riddance. What he did is totally weak. Where is his competitive fire? Obviously, he doesn’t have any.
I don’t think in today’s environment that it shows a lack of competitive fire. Look at all the QBs who’ve transferred … Caleb Williams, Jalen Hurts, Will Levis, Justin Fields, DJ Ungalielie, Jeff Sims … and dozens more.

These guys aspire to the NFL … they’ve got to play (start) in order to get that shot. CT wasn’t a fit for the offense Rhule is going to run … him leaving isn’t surprising … in fact Smothers should’ve stayed moreso than CT.

It had been strongly rumored the last day or two he might leave
Red Reign, i appreciate all you do on the site, and i think you're awesome.
but folks have got to stop with this "oh yea i knew it already" or "it was out there already" talk. if you didn't post it when you heard of the strong rumours, then just leave it alone after it gets announced. it's a bit annoying to see it after it becomes fully public. radio guys do it all the time too. if you know something but don't mention it, that's fine. but you don't need to let everyone know that you had the information but didn't share it, unless you are adding a bit more colour/context and information more than what's out there.

*rant off. You're still awesome, Red.

I don’t think in today’s environment that it shows a lack of competitive fire. Look at all the QBs who’ve transferred … Caleb Williams, Jalen Hurts, Will Levis, Justin Fields, DJ Ungalielie, Jeff Sims … and dozens more.

These guys aspire to the NFL … they’ve got to play (start) in order to get that shot. CT wasn’t a fit for the offense Rhule is going to run … him leaving isn’t surprising … in fact Smothers should’ve stayed moreso than CT.
All those guys you mentioned were benched except Williams. He left for money. I’d love for Smothers to change his mind, but that ship probably sailed as well.

I really doubt they told him he wasn’t going to play, or even compete for playing time. Whatever, who cares, he can ride the bench somewhere else.

My guess is they told him something that drove this decision. We'll likely never know. He's going to be months behind Sims when Fall ball starts (with a healthy shoulder) so I get if from his end.

Anywhere he goes, with the exception of a lower division G5 or FCS school, he's going to have to compete. New system here, so he's starting over....again.

Good luck to him. The kid can play.

All those people you just listed are quitters!

:Stirthepot:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back