• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Thompson Enters The Portal

Thompson and Wynn are the two that surprised me. All the others did not. No disrespect for any of them. It's the way college football works now day. Will always cheer for Ex Huskers. Good luck to them!

The transfer portal is probably one of the worst things to happen to college football. Having said that, it emphasizes the type of player colleges are getting these days. Seems that if they don’t get to play, they don’t suck it up and try to be better, to compete. They simply move to an easier pond where there is little to no competition. Sad state of affairs.

Weak, but what’s new? Few want to compete anymore. This is a classic example of that. Hope his ass sits on the bench somewhere else.
I'm sorry that the decision made by someone that has no bearing or direct impact on your life has had such a negative impact on you to the point that you are casting such ill will.

I hope things get better for you.

Last edited:

It's not totally unexpected. His dad made it perfectly clear that he's not here to be a backup. People assumed he would stay but he wants to start and isn't going to risk it. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:

Disappointed for the football team, QB room goes from a position of strength to one with major weakness.

If Sims starts every game and takes the majority of snaps … then this will not a big issue. If CP or HH have to take significant meaningful snaps then it becomes much more concerning.

In my eyes CP went from at best tied for 6th on the depth chart to possibly 2nd or 3rd. That, to me, is a major concern.

Many on this board roasted me for suggesting Jack Woche’s presence meant an imminent departure of many in that room. Woche, is the only QB, aside from Sims brought into the program by Rhule. He (Woche) represents the kind of QB Rhule wants. He came at least with partial understanding that he’d compete for a spot on the depth chart. He’s now at worst 4th string with an opportunity to move up yet this off season.

For those bagging on Thompson for leaving and calling him a quitter, were you saying that when he left Texas and transferred here last year? Or if NU gets another QB in the portal, is that guy a quitter too?
I totally agree with this!!! I always shake my head when we call someone a quitter for leaving but any transfer in is the next greatest Husker ever and is NEVER shying away from competition.... Cracks me up every time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back