• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Thompson’s dad said Rhule told him to transfer.

Thompson left because Rhule allegedly wouldn't promise him the starting QB position. That's not "running him off." That's responsible coaching. Fixed that for you
Do you think there is any, I mean ANY chance that Rhule promised him the starting job?

I find the notion that either Smothers or Thompson are the missing link in this offense quite comical.

Sims ain’t it, either. But acting like Logan Smothers…who most declared not good enough to play QB at all last year…would be leading us to easy wins is just axe-grinding/grasping at straws.

How stupid are some of you? Herbal has the IQ and personality of a turnip, but he’s the clown you are going to take half truths and run with? Rhule did the honorable thing, and put the kid's best interest ahead what might be best for the team.

In review:

-Thompson wanted to start.
- he needed an offensive system that allowed him to showcase his throwing
-he was not eager to be in something run heavy
-he has shown he struggles with the physicality of the B1G

So when Rhule spoke to the family, he explained we weren’t running the Whipple 2.0 offense, we were wanting to incorporate the QB into the run game, and we had 4 guys who were already ahead of Casey in their ability to run the ball. Based on all of that, if Rhule didn’t say he should look elsewhere, then it would have been extremely selfish.

As a reminder, 54%, 180 yards, 2 INT yesterday. He also has -4 yards rushing for the year. But sure, we could give a snot what a moron like Herbal thinks.

These are your assumptions? Because you're stating it as fact.... If fact, where are you getting it?

That aside, the right thing to do, IMO, is to lay out all the info and what to expect, but encourage him to stay. Why would a coach ever need to tell a player he SHOULD look elsewhere? The player has plenty of people to help him decide what's best. Family, friends, other players etc. The fact a coach tells you you should leave shows the player your coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you. Any coach should know that is how it will be perceived at least.

Why would Thompson lie? Sims is not unproven, look at the previous years stats and they really sux, not just sux but badly sux...Hate to say this but he whiffed on the OC too year to date.

I assume he's not lying, but there is always a chance the second hand story isn't accurate. and potato, potatohh on the second part.

I find the notion that either Smothers or Thompson are the missing link in this offense quite comical.

Sims ain’t it, either. But acting like Logan Smothers…who most declared not good enough to play QB at all last year…would be leading us to easy wins is just axe-grinding/grasping at straws.

I firmly believe we'd be 2-0 with CT

These are your assumptions? Because you're stating it as fact.... If fact, where are you getting it?

That aside, the right thing to do, IMO, is to lay out all the info and what to expect, but encourage him to stay. Why would a coach ever need to tell a player he SHOULD look elsewhere? The player has plenty of people to help him decide what's best. Family, friends, other players etc. The fact a coach tells you you should leave shows the player your coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you. Any coach should know that is how it will be perceived at least.
If I might quote you on the bold.

If I might quote you on the bold.

I see what you did there...

that said, add the follow up sentence for full context.

The fact a coach tells you you should leave shows the player your coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you. Any coach should know that is how it will be perceived at least.

If you want me to change it to...."I THINK, a player would perceive a coach saying you should leave, means the coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you" ..consider it changed. :)

I see what you did there...

that said, add the follow up sentence for full context.

The fact a coach tells you you should leave shows the player your coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you. Any coach should know that is how it will be perceived at least.

If you want me to change it to...."I THINK, a player would perceive a coach saying you should leave, means the coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you" ..consider it changed. :)
Actually adding think doesn't change the important part.

The fact a coach tells you you should leave shows the player your coach doesn't have your back or confidence in you.

Do you have proof that is what occurred.

Do you know for a factthe coach told Casey he should transfer.

Now if Casey's dad said something to the affect Casey might transfer if he wasn't getting his starting job back, I can see Rhule saying maybe you should transfer.

As I said before in this discussion, the only people that really know were the ones in the room. So who might look better if some of the discussion was leaked to the public? Who won't say anything about what was said in that meeting?

We lost 3 QBs to the portal and the only one that was committed in the 2023 class. There seems to be more to it and we don't even have a future to drink kool-aid over right now.

When Simms got here he did make a lot of comments that Casey was competing like it was his job. It seems to be far from wanting assurances though. More like wanting to be treated like the returning starter, but having to win the job. Miscommunication or what not, the sad part is that even if he was slighted and not given a fair crap, it would already be his job again if he had stayed.

"a fair crap"? It looks like you were trying to type "a fair shot" but board rules don't let me say how I know. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back