• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Thompson’s dad said Rhule told him to transfer.

But Rattler would have had to sit this year. Right? I also think Rhule was looking to get two years out of the position to get the next guy ready. Rattler and Thompson are both Seniors.

I understand the thinking, it just looks pretty bad right now based on Sims turnover record.
I figured that he would have been a graduate transfer by now.

Georgia Tech got a better deal than us. Brought in a kid from Texas A&M to replace Simms.

It appears Simms was the best option that was willing to come to N. He has the most athletic potential and was worth the chance. Have to ride with that decision for a while unfortunately. No one here has inside info as to what was said or what other options there were. I think the banter is a waste of time even tho we are frustrated with the current situation. Hopefully they can coach him up some (or a lot).

Hoo boy, the revisionist history in this thread would make Chairman Mao proud.

May I remind you...

MR & Co inherited a QB room that was very thin, a few guys who started and/or played in a few games with mixed results, 1 guy with multiple starts and some proven success, and a few other guys with no real experience at this level.

The experienced guy, CT was coming off surgery and was not going to be available for spring ball. Is anyone saying the new HC should just wait until August and see if CT is able to suit up?

MR & Co did exactly what they should have done given the situation, signed a transfer QB with starting experience. No one knew that three QB's would transfer out, that's just the way the cookie crumbles these days. Publicly, LS, CT, and RT were said to be welcome back with open arms if the portal didn't work out, they each chose a different path. Good for them.

Would NU be better off with CT at the helm? In hindsight, maybe.

Again, may I remind you...

Much of CT's success was directly related to the guy on the receiving end of a majority of those throws. TP was a goner no matter who else stayed and who else left. Picture CT throwing to this crew, and he's not exactly lighting it up down in Florida, either.

0-2 sucks. 8 TO's suck. Let the coaches coach the players. Let the players play the games. Let's see where we are come November.

You're right everything is an opinion. Casey's dad wanting assurances his son would get his starting job back is an opinion, just as Rhule ran off Casey is an opinion. The only people that will really know are the ones that actually sat in on the meeting with Rhule.

Speaking of sitting in on meetings with Rhule. Of all the players that decided to go to the transfer portal, did any of their parents sit in on the meeting with Rhule, or was it just Casey's dad? Guess that's another we'll never know.
Hopefully, one day, we will get a qb that has a head on his shoulders that functions.

May I remind you...

MR & Co inherited a QB room that was very thin, a few guys who started and/or played in a few games with mixed results, 1 guy with multiple starts and some proven success, and a few other guys with no real experience at this level.

The experienced guy, CT was coming off surgery and was not going to be available for spring ball. Is anyone saying the new HC should just wait until August and see if CT is able to suit up?

MR & Co did exactly what they should have done given the situation, signed a transfer QB with starting experience. No one knew that three QB's would transfer out, that's just the way the cookie crumbles these days. Publicly, LS, CT, and RT were said to be welcome back with open arms if the portal didn't work out, they each chose a different path. Good for them.

Much of CT's success was directly related to the guy on the receiving end of a majority of those throws. TP was a goner no matter who else stayed and who else left. Picture CT throwing to this crew, and he's not exactly lighting it up down in Florida, either.

0-2 sucks. 8 TO's suck. Let the coaches coach the players. Let the players play the games. Let's see where we are come November.
Great analysis. I’m just frustrated. Hopefully Rhule can right the ship and salvage the season.

The last time I checked, the QB decides when the ball will be snapped. Try again
i think you misinterpreted my statement...

yes that the whole point, the qb can see this crosser and should know how to handle it, yet sims cant. Sims seems to be a gifted athlete, but a sloppy football player.

In NO WAY should anyone have thought Sims would be better this year than Thompson. Sims is unproven and suspect from what he had shown. If Rhule really said this to CT....wow...
Why would Thompson lie? Sims is not unproven, look at the previous years stats and they really sux, not just sux but badly sux...Hate to say this but he whiffed on the OC too year to date.

How stupid are some of you? Herbal has the IQ and personality of a turnip, but he’s the clown you are going to take half truths and run with? Rhule did the honorable thing, and put the kid's best interest ahead what might be best for the team.

In review:

-Thompson wanted to start.
- he needed an offensive system that allowed him to showcase his throwing
-he was not eager to be in something run heavy
-he has shown he struggles with the physicality of the B1G

So when Rhule spoke to the family, he explained we weren’t running the Whipple 2.0 offense, we were wanting to incorporate the QB into the run game, and we had 4 guys who were already ahead of Casey in their ability to run the ball. Based on all of that, if Rhule didn’t say he should look elsewhere, then it would have been extremely selfish.

As a reminder, 54%, 180 yards, 2 INT yesterday. He also has -4 yards rushing for the year. But sure, we could give a snot what a moron like Herbal thinks.
Rigfht now the whipple offense looking better than the offense we have now

May I remind you...

CT struggled in a loss to Ohio this weekend, so there is that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back