• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can we please stop calling it NIL?

All of the conference moves over the last decade have really changed all of that for me already.

I don't know what it all looks like in another decade and I don't think anybody making the decisions cares beyond revenue.
If we look at the NFL, the likely framework for the cfa league, the small divisions they have, there just isn't the kinds of rivalries seen in cfa in general.
This will be a watering down of the product imo.

If it makes you feel better, Nebraska and Oregon law (and a few other states) call it Name, Image, Likeness, and Althetic Reputation.

You can call it NILAR if you don't like NIL.

I call it Nebraska finally landed a 5 star QB, with a chance for more 5 star players in the future.

Call it what you want, but it has greatly benefited Nebraska in all sports!

If it makes you feel better, Nebraska and Oregon law (and a few other states) call it Name, Image, Likeness, and Althetic Reputation.

You can call it NILAR if you don't like NIL.

I call it Nebraska finally landed a 5 star QB, with a chance for more 5 star players in the future.

Call it what you want, but it has greatly benefited Nebraska in all sports!
You can call me Ray....

I agree that Nil and transfer portal aren't big threats. But disagree on the super conferences. The Northern Illinoise's and nevada's need to go their own way. I want to see more of the Top 60 going head to head every week instead of western Michigan vrs Michigan

It's not just them, it's the mid tier P5 Schools like Michigab St and Iowa St and Okie St thar will be left behind.
And the many great long time rivalries that are gone because of realignment is terrible for the sport. That's what made college football better than the NFL, and they're making a mistake by continuing down this road.

It's not just them, it's the mid tier P5 Schools like Michigab St and Iowa St and Okie St thar will be left behind.
And the many great long time rivalries that are gone because of realignment is terrible for the sport. That's what made college football better than the NFL, and they're making a mistake by continuing down this road.
I disagree that the 3 you mentioned will be gone. They are revenue generating enough that the super 2 would want them. In fact I believe most of the original power 5 get into that 60 team super conferences.

All of the conference moves over the last decade have really changed all of that for me already.

I don't know what it all looks like in another decade and I don't think anybody making the decisions cares beyond revenue.
Your second sentence is the problem. Let’s completely gut 130+ years of history, for money. Every single business has a cap on it, without ruining said business model, to stuff one’s pockets.

One billion %.

IMG_0659.png

Where is Nebraska?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back