• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can we please stop calling it NIL?

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
This isn’t NIL, or anything resembling it. This is straight up, pay for play. Just say so. Stop this bull crap NIL nonsense. It’s not. While there are some (few) players with legit NIL, because of their success, the majority are wanting to know how much before they ever get there. Now, call me whatever, but how in the hell, can anyone know how much any NIL will be until, said company wants to hire them? Ridiculous. What is mostly happening is, a collective from fans and alumni. it’s straight up pay for play. I haven’t seen one, OU or OSU player on TV, doing commercials in OKC, or Tulsa. It’s 90% pay for play. NIL? That’s laughable :Lol:.

XSvEiht5eLeSI.gif

This isn’t NIL, or anything resembling it. This is straight up, pay for play. Just say so. Stop this bull crap NIL nonsense. It’s not. While there are some (few) players with legit NIL, because of their success, the majority are wanting to know how much before they ever get there. Now, call me whatever, but how in the hell, can anyone know how much any NIL will be until, said company wants to hire them? Ridiculous. What is mostly happening is, a collective from fans and alumni. it’s straight up pay for play. I haven’t seen one, OU or OSU player on TV, doing commercials in OKC, or Tulsa. It’s 90% pay for play. NIL? That’s laughable :Lol:.
The stuff with the Collectives isn't really NIL, or at least the stuff they get that isn't brand deals facilitated by them. NIL is Caitlin Clark doing State Farm ads and things of that nature. You are right, a lot of this is pay for play under the guise of NIL.

And yet we see commercials, billboards and social media posts of college athletes all the time.
How many? 3-4? It’s not 85 players, the basketball team, the bowling team, it’s very very few. So, what the hell are the other 95% doing? NOTHING. It’s pay for play, straight Up. Lying and saying it’s NIL, is a straight up lie.

The stuff with the Collectives isn't really NIL, or at least the stuff they get that isn't brand deals facilitated by them. NIL is Caitlin Clark doing State Farm ads and things of that nature. You are right, a lot of this is pay for play under the guise of NIL.
Caleb Williams, Caitlin Clark, those are NIL. There are soooooooo few getting those types of deals. 90% of it is collectives from fans and alumni. This definitely isnt NIL.

How many? 3-4? It’s not 85 players, the basketball team, the bowling team, it’s very very few. So, what the hell are the other 95% doing? NOTHING. It’s pay for play, straight Up. Lying and saying it’s NIL, is a straight up lie.
Relax. 90% of their advertisements are local and social media. We see a lot more billboards, local restaurant advertisements and local service advertising in Lincoln than you will in Oklahoma. It’s literally impossible for you to say it’s not happening and calling it flat out lies when you aren’t in Lincoln seeing it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back