• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cameron Brown will commit on 7 August at 1 PM (Huskers are clear leader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No proof on my end, but I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on flipping to Ohio State only to find out his offer from them wasn't exactly a committable one. I think they offered with the idea of him being a top of the list plan B guy. If the Buckeyes would have had him, IMPO he'd be committed to them. I think he feels a bit slighted and misled and probably realizes Nebraska was the better spot. The Huskers have wanted him for a while and have been after him for a long time. I think he now knows that Ohio State wont take his commitment until they hear word from guys like Kamryn Babb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Brennan Eagles, Jahan Dotson, Al'vonte Woodard, Jalen Hall, Elijah Moore and Rondale Moore....truth is, Ohio State probably doesn't need to go down that far on their board to fill out their WR class. Cameron Brown maybe realizes that now. If he's smart, he'll make sure he is a part of this Husker class and not looking for a spot in December on a lesser team.

I figured...

"Cameron Brown is very interested in Nebraska. So why did he back off on his verbal? Call it a sign of mixed messages. Brown originally became enamored with the Ohio State offer he got when he camped with them. However, several Ohio State folks I’ve talked to at Land Grant Holy Land say that Brown would only be a take if they missed on several other highly ranked targets. Nebraska has made it known to Brown that he is a priority, especially after his deco. He could reup on his commitment this weekend, and don’t be surprised if he does."

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/6/2...-friday-night-lights-tj-pledger-micah-parsons

I figured...

"Cameron Brown is very interested in Nebraska. So why did he back off on his verbal? Call it a sign of mixed messages. Brown originally became enamored with the Ohio State offer he got when he camped with them. However, several Ohio State folks I’ve talked to at Land Grant Holy Land say that Brown would only be a take if they missed on several other highly ranked targets. Nebraska has made it known to Brown that he is a priority, especially after his deco. He could reup on his commitment this weekend, and don’t be surprised if he does."

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/6/2...-friday-night-lights-tj-pledger-micah-parsons

Tell the truth you wrote that for Corn Nation ;) Or they read what you wrote and stole it for their article....:eek: :Catfight::Biggrin:

Mom and Dad are with him this weekend for FNL and Jr day on Saturday. I suspect that will happen. Re-commit that is.

So as a movie analogy, Nebraska is basically "Ted" in There's Something About Mary", when he asks a girl to prom and she (Brown) says,"I thought I made it perfectly clear. If the guy I want to go with doesn't ask me out, and I have no other option, then MAYBE I'll go with you".

And Ted (Nebraska) says,"I'm gonna hold you to that."

It's not how I want Nebraska to be in a recruiting scenario, but apparently that's what we are now...an option for Brown if he doesnt get tOSU offer. Who's to say he wouldn't bolt if tOSU indeed does offer in Dec/Jan

So as a movie analogy, Nebraska is basically "Ted" in There's Something About Mary", when he asks a girl to prom and she (Brown) says,"I thought I made it perfectly clear. If the guy I want to go with doesn't ask me out, and I have no other option, then MAYBE I'll go with you".

It's not how I want Nebraska to be in a recruiting scenario, but apparently that's what we are now...an option for Brown if he doesnt get tOSU offer. Who's to say he wouldn't bolt if tOSU indeed does offer in Dec/Jan
He has already been offered, hence the de-commitment from us. We are back in the picture because he knows he's a plan B for OSU. Why would he bolt in Dec/Jan? He's still their plan B.

By Dec/Jan he may be their plan A.....

That would make him a plan B still. Not to mention I suspect he will sign with Nebraska in December with new rule now in place. I have no doubt that discussion will be had with he and his parents this weekend if we re- accept his commitment

I also have no doubt he and his parents realize they are being slow played by Ohio State which is why they Wil be in Lincoln tonight

By Dec/Jan he may be their plan A.....

That's the advantage of the Dec signing period.

If he signs with us in Dec we don't worry about him getting a last minute call from someone to fill their class in Feb.

If he doesn't sign in Dec, and they don't call in Feb, there may not be a place here so he's left scrambling.

It's what we are now, yes, but it's what we've been for a while. OSU is now what we were in the 90s. We are going toe to toe with them on some guys, but ultimately some will go with the established playoff contender rather than try to get a team there as a catalyst of change.

There isn't a guarantee that any recruit won't flip before they sign, but if the coaches keep working and he feels like part of the team come December, that OSU offer may not mean as much.

It's what we are now, yes, but it's what we've been for a while. OSU is now what we were in the 90s. We are going toe to toe with them on some guys, but ultimately some will go with the established playoff contender rather than try to get a team there as a catalyst of change.

There isn't a guarantee that any recruit won't flip before they sign, but if the coaches keep working and he feels like part of the team come December, that OSU offer may not mean as much.
Nebraska wasn't recruiting WRs as skilled as these guys in the 90s. ;)

I'm not dogging on you here, Shrine, but we all seem to have some selective memory regarding the 90s. Did we get some pretty good talent? Of course, but we weren't grabbing loads of 5* guys like the usual suspects. Texas, ND, USC, Michigan, all the big boys still had bigger pull in many instances than we did. Great WRs weren't lined up to come to Nebraska. Great OL weren't all pumped to come and just focus on run blocking. We had our challenges, let's not forget that. We generally got the players we wanted based on our needs, but we lost some as well. Linemen in particular were hearing that Nebraska linemen didn't always translate well to the NFL because of their limited pass blocking skills, so we lost our share to those teams that ran more of a pro style. OU, Texas, USC all got running backs we wanted.

There is no doubt that we have been struggling to go head to head with some of the current 'college football royalty'. But even in our best of times, we weren't as often as we'd like.

I'm not dogging on you here, Shrine, but we all seem to have some selective memory regarding the 90s. Did we get some pretty good talent? Of course, but we weren't grabbing loads of 5* guys like the usual suspects. Texas, ND, USC, Michigan, all the big boys still had bigger pull in many instances than we did. Great WRs weren't lined up to come to Nebraska. Great OL weren't all pumped to come and just focus on run blocking. We had our challenges, let's not forget that. We generally got the players we wanted based on our needs, but we lost some as well. Linemen in particular were hearing that Nebraska linemen didn't always translate well to the NFL because of their limited pass blocking skills, so we lost our share to those teams that ran more of a pro style. OU, Texas, USC all got running backs we wanted.

There is no doubt that we have been struggling to go head to head with some of the current 'college football royalty'. But even in our best of times, we weren't as often as we'd like.

I'm speaking to the level of success each team achieved. OSU is in the NC conversation every year now as we were then.

I dont have a problem with a kid in his situation. If you get an Ohio State offer, and would rather go there , even thinking in your head you would pick them if you could, then you arent really committed and should explore your options. Would be glad to have him back.

We even lost "Slash" to the Puffalos.

I'm speaking to the level of success each team achieved. OSU is in the NC conversation every year now as we were then.
Let's be honest. The only team that is really a topic of NCs every year of late, is Alabama, with OSU being probably second. We weren't really in the mix in 93, but made a great run with a really young QB. 94 we were seen a contender, and obviously 95, but even in 96 and 97 there were others probably thought of more highly. All I'm saying is we had a really impressive run, but it's not like we were considered a lock or incredibly likely to be playing for the NC year in and year out. Top 10, definitely, we were looking at that in most cases, but beyond our monster 4 year run, we weren't looked at as a favorite most seasons. From a recruiting perspective, that's why we saw teams like Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson, Texas, USC, UCLA, etc., putting together teams with generally higher rated talent...in other words, we were losing players to those teams. Some positions we were probably close to even footing with anyone, but far from it with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back