• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BTN Bus Tour

I wonder what some closer to the program think of DiNardo's comments on our facilities being subpar? I've always heard people rave about our facilities, including NFL teams. Is DiNardo just being a blow hard, or have other programs passed us up in that aspect? I'm not a fan of DiNardo at all, but am genuinely curious about his assessment of our facilities?

I wonder what some closer to the program think of DiNardo's comments on our facilities being subpar? I've always heard people rave about our facilities, including NFL teams. Is DiNardo just being a blow hard, or have other programs passed us up in that aspect? I'm not a fan of DiNardo at all, but am genuinely curious about his assessment of our facilities?
It feels like there is a narrative being pushed about subpar facilities to encourage some big donors to jump on board for a new facility. On the other had several of the conference foes have new facilities so no doubt we have fallen back a bit.

I think he may be basing a lot of it on how old the facilities are. Many have newer facilities, but dont think as many have better. Plus, he has seen NUs a bunch, with no new bells and whistles. Same after awhile doesnt look as good.

Last edited:

I got educated on the facilities question by a fellow poster last night. Long story short, locker room was built under Cally for a smaller more manageable (NFL-esque) roster and the whole team doesn’t reside under 1 locker room. The ones that are outside that locker room have to take their gear over weekends so there’s room for other teams. Meeting space too small, heard Frost say kids are sitting in the aisles? Weight room not as impressive and spacious as others. Have to work in smaller groups. This is just some of what I gathered between other posters, Frost, intuition maybe. And then the obvious, the new facilities are what, 14 years old? My current house was 17 years old when I moved in and I can’t begin to tell you how badly dated it is.

Yup...had guns too. Worst example of the RIley era was Gates. That bench press #he did at the combine had 100s of former Pipeline alums cringing.
Yea but he had good hair. I don’t recall, did he get drafted? I think he went a year early didn’t he.

Last day of the tour today: Northwestern. They made more comparisons of all teams today, since it's the last stop.

DiNardo quotes: "Ohio State is a really, REALLY talented team. This (NW) is a talented team. But somehow they close the gap when they get on the field."

Says defensively, they're in the hunt to be the best D in the B1G, at least top 3. Offensively, they're not as deep as Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin. More like Minnesota. Purdue and Illinois still building.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back