• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bryce Benhart

Do we really need threads calling out offensive lineman by name?

It's one thing to complain about the unit as a whole (guilty), but I'm not sure we need to call out kids by name.

Usually folks on here reserve that type of vitriol for AM.
When a player performs that poorly he deserves to be called out. Funny that Nock Sabin has called players out by name and had them turn their game around. We can do that as well, feelings be damned because you were brought in for a reason.

Yea
Except your wrong
this is CJ 4th yr here and a 3 yr starter
Pieper and bernhardt have 12 games as starters. Hixon has tons of starts. Sichteeman is a 5th yr guy
The youth and inexperience argument is a lame excuse period
2 of our 5 starters and 3 of our 6 man rotation isn't even young.
Prob should research before posting

Last comment - WTH? You can disagree and try to correct while also not being a douche bag.

Only Jurgens, Piper, and Benhart played significant snaps in 2020. And of those three, only Piper and Jurgens would qualify as "upper" classmen. With Piper already working himself out of the rotation this year and Hixson having done so last year, you're left with a bunch of guys who have barely played in their careers starting. Youth isn't the only reason the line sucks. Inexperience exists too. That's no one's fault but the coaches.

Someone explain to me why we let a guy have 86 snaps when he is consistently getting burned. He graded out at a 0 on pass plays and just over 27 overall. Is he really the best we have at that position that nobody could replace him? I understand the no fear of failure concept but when there is no consequences for piss poor performance then there is no motivation to perform better.
It really bothers me that Austin has developed these highly rated recruits in three seasons. Personally I would like to see Verduzco and Austin move on.

Hixson is the only upper classmen on the entire line that plays. Everyone else is either a true freshman or a RS. It's a joke that we don't have any older guys 4 years into Frost's tenure.
Ok let’s take out covid designations. Jurgens is a red shirt junior, and Bernhart is a redshirt sophomore. Piper is also a redshirt sophomore. This isn’t a young group. That argument is just being misrepresented to bolster some people’s argument.

Do we really need threads calling out offensive lineman by name?

It's one thing to complain about the unit as a whole (guilty), but I'm not sure we need to call out kids by name.

Usually folks on here reserve that type of vitriol for AM.
Truth is what the truth is.

When a player performs that poorly he deserves to be called out. Funny that Nock Sabin has called players out by name and had them turn their game around. We can do that as well, feelings be damned because you were brought in for a reason.
Do we think it’s the players or the coach though? I’m leaning towards Austin is the problem. He’s also run game coordinator and let’s be honest that is a mess.

Yea
Except your wrong
this is CJ 4th yr here and a 3 yr starter
Pieper and bernhardt have 12 games as starters. Hixon has tons of starts. Sichteeman is a 5th yr guy
The youth and inexperience argument is a lame excuse period
2 of our 5 starters and 3 of our 6 man rotation isn't even young.
Prob should research before posting
Agree... Never a fan of a team being labeled young unless a ton of their starters are true freshmen.

Last comment - WTH? You can disagree and try to correct while also not being a douche bag.

Only Jurgens, Piper, and Benhart played significant snaps in 2020. And of those three, only Piper and Jurgens would qualify as "upper" classmen. With Piper already working himself out of the rotation this year and Hixson having done so last year, you're left with a bunch of guys who have barely played in their careers starting. Youth isn't the only reason the line sucks. Inexperience exists too. That's no one's fault but the coaches.
So, what will be next year’s excuse?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back