• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bryce Benhart

Why do we think Benhart was rushed?

IA starts a 2nd year player at LT, Richman Mason. I googled to see what his story was. He was a 3* prospect, played d-line in high school, said he hadn’t played o-line since 7th grade but was recruited as o-line by IA and now is a starter. How were they able to get him ready in less than 2 years? Benhart was higher rated, played the position in high school and is in his 3rd year.

How was Corcoran rushed? This kid from IA was the #4 prospect in KS his senior year. The #1 senior prospect in KS that year was Turner Corcoran. He and the IA guy are from the same class.

How can we use “being rushed” as an excuse? Coach up your top recruits like everyone else and get them on the field. Stop using we are young as an excuse. Our line is older than IA’s.
Why? Have you seen the results? Are you that blind to see that he is mentally and physically not ready. Every kid is different. Benhart was rushed. If you can't see that...well...sorry bud, don't know what to tell you.

Stop comparing him to others. That was your first mistake. Second, ask yourself why he isn't ready, ahem, coaching.

Just stop. We are not Iowa, we are not Alabama. We are a lowly B1G team right now.

Do we really need threads calling out offensive lineman by name?

It's one thing to complain about the unit as a whole (guilty), but I'm not sure we need to call out kids by name.

Usually folks on here reserve that type of vitriol for AM.

Last edited:

What the hells that all about geno? Getting a little spicy
Just sick of his cute snide remarks. Anyone with a pulse knows what he thinks. I get tired of him reminding us in each & every thread. I'd pay money to hear him say to coach Frost in person what he says on here, LOL.

Why? Have you seen the results? Are you that blind to see that he is mentally and physically not ready. Every kid is different. Benhart was rushed. If you can't see that...well...sorry bud, don't know what to tell you.

Stop comparing him to others. That was your first mistake. Second, ask yourself why he isn't ready, ahem, coaching.

Just stop. We are not Iowa, we are not Alabama. We are a lowly B1G team right now.
So bud, if you are saying he was rushed because of poor coaching then by that logic he will never be ready. What is your solution just don’t send an oline out there?

Someone explain to me why we let a guy have 86 snaps when he is consistently getting burned. He graded out at a 0 on pass plays and just over 27 overall. Is he really the best we have at that position that nobody could replace him? I understand the no fear of failure concept but when there is no consequences for piss poor performance then there is no motivation to perform better.
Could not agree, more.

So bud, if you are saying he was rushed because of poor coaching then by that logic he will never be ready. What is your solution just don’t send an oline out there?
Problem is, we are in year four of the Frost regime and we have a bunch of underclassmen playing before their time. Scott was the one who said we want to be "old" at ever position, yet here we are.

You might want to ask Scott why we are still in this position.

My point, which you defiantly refused to acknowledge is, don't play another really talented kid out there before he is ready. They have proven already that is not a recipe for success. Why repeat a painful history. It is simple logic, and looking out for your players best interest.

Teddy needs to redshirt.

Hixson is the only upper classmen on the entire line that plays. Everyone else is either a true freshman or a RS. It's a joke that we don't have any older guys 4 years into Frost's tenure.
Yea
Except your wrong
this is CJ 4th yr here and a 3 yr starter
Pieper and bernhardt have 12 games as starters. Hixon has tons of starts. Sichteeman is a 5th yr guy
The youth and inexperience argument is a lame excuse period
2 of our 5 starters and 3 of our 6 man rotation isn't even young.
Prob should research before posting

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back