• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Brady Smigiel

Now for my serious post. Watching his film, accurate quick release. However, does anyone else notice that he has a very low release point on the ball? I am curious how that will play in college.
And he gets some funny flat footed stuff sometimes. He sees windows come open quick and will zip it in a quick window though Throws nice leading balls that let receivers run after the catch. Even though the release is odd, he didn't seemed to have a big wind back waiting for a strip sack like TMagic or HH. Kid seems to have some moxie because he made some confident throws into tight windows.

Damn....he's a sophomore and for him to be threading balls in such tight windows is impressive.

Definitely an odd release for sure. Almost throws the ball like a catcher in baseball. In fact, I'd bet on the fact he was a baseball player his whole life.

Last edited:

Damn....he's a sophomore and to him threading balls in such tight windows is impressive.

Definitely an odd release for sure. Almost throws the ball like a catcher in baseball. In fact, I'd bet on the fact he was a baseball player his whole life.
I thought I noticed a little funky release. Hard to tell on my phone

A couple of QBs who played baseball are doing all right in the Pros.
Very true. A funky throwing motion doesn't always equate to inaccuracy. It's truly about the totality of the mechanics. That "funky" motion has some very desirable traits (short, compact motion, quick release).

Mahomes and Brady were both baseball stars, but they had strong mechanics coming out of high school and only honed those skills even more once turning pro.

It will be interesting to see how he develops mechanically as he gets stronger.

And Kyler Murray. Only high schooler ever chosen for Under Armour All American in both baseball and football.

Last edited:

Very true. A funky throwing motion doesn't always equate to inaccuracy. It's truly about the totality of the mechanics. That "funky" motion has some very desirable traits (short, compact motion, quick release).

Mahomes and Brady were both baseball stars, but they had strong mechanics coming out of high school and only honed those skills even more once turning pro.

It will be interesting to see how he develops mechanically as he gets stronger.
My concern in my post was not about inaccuracy. I am more worried about the low release point. May be ok in HS when the average DL is maybe 6 1 or 6 2. In college where DL are 6 4 or 6 5. Does it get knocked down? That is my concern.

My concern in my post was not about inaccuracy. I am more worried about the low release point. May be ok in HS when the average DL is maybe 6 1 or 6 2. In college where DL are 6 4 or 6 5. Does it get knocked down? That is my concern.
Kid is already 6'5, so less of a concern throwing from the ear as opposed to a 6'1 QB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back