• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie to visit Clemson twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wrote it didn't I? If you have some first hand knowledge that suggests otherwise please share.

Riley will not be at Nebraska coaching Bookie or anyone else in 4 years and I think Riley is a high character person/coach.

I really hope Riley can get this season turned around quickly. Otherwise, the "hot seat" rumors (even if they prove to be unfounded) are going to hurt us in recruiting.

You may be right. I can't remember the last time Nebraska fired a head coach with time left on his contract. Really?
If Riley loses his mind and starts poisoning the team and running his mouth about the program and attacking the press at every given opportunity and getting personal fouls in games, then that's a possibility. I'm gonna bet he doesn't do any of those things. Just sayin...

If Riley loses his mind and starts poisoning the team and running his mouth about the program and attacking the press at every given opportunity and getting personal fouls in games, then that's a possibility. I'm gonna bet he doesn't do any of those things. Just sayin...

I bet he stays professional for his entire tenure at Nebraska and I truly respect him as a human being. However, if he doesn't turn it around and soon...he won't be here much longer regardless of his great personality and we all know it.

In the world of recruiting, everyone will take advantage of a perceived or real opportunity. We need a couple more classes of talent to catch up. We need more speed and athletic OL to be where we want.

4 years on contract and he will coach them all.

I sincerely hope you are correct, but there ain't a way in the world you can say this with anything resembling certainty. When Eichorst comes out and says he's "angry, frustrated and disappointed," and then finishes the statement with "I WANT to continue to show our support, BUT I also understand there is a lot of frustration out there when you don't win games like today," what he's saying is Riley's neck is now has been placed on the chopping block. If this season goes south and it is COMPLETELY possible, if not likely, that it will, Eichorst will have no choice but to act. If the recruiting class starts to erode, the decision will be an easy one.

I want nothing to do with a coaching change and the chaos it will create. However, Riley seems like he's staying with Lee at QB and, with Lee at QB, I don't see how this bus doesn't head directly off the cliff, taking Riley, the rest of the staff, this seasons recruiting class and several current Huskers with it. In 3 short weeks, this has turned into a nightmare.

Some seem to have misunderstood my original post. I wasn't betting for or against MR being the HC in two years. What I was saying is that opposing coaches will be in recruits ears saying he will be fired. Based on our record this year, that is a believable argument.

For the record, I have the greatest respect for HCMR as a person. And while they were an upgrade from some of the previous assistant coaches, I don't believe all are recruiting or coaching at the level they should be.

I sincerely hope you are correct, but there ain't a way in the world you can say this with anything resembling certainty. When Eichorst comes out and says he's "angry, frustrated and disappointed," and then finishes the statement with "I WANT to continue to show our support, BUT I also understand there is a lot of frustration out there when you don't win games like today," what he's saying is Riley's neck is now has been placed on the chopping block. If this season goes south and it is COMPLETELY possible, if not likely, that it will, Eichorst will have no choice but to act. If the recruiting class starts to erode, the decision will be an easy one.

I want nothing to do with a coaching change and the chaos it will create. However, Riley seems like he's staying with Lee at QB and, with Lee at QB, I don't see how this bus doesn't head directly off the cliff, taking Riley, the rest of the staff, this seasons recruiting class and several current Huskers with it. In 3 short weeks, this has turned into a nightmare.

I agree, this is on Lee to either make a complete turn around or get PO on the field stat. I think PO should have played in the 3rd quarter to see how he could do. Lee is struggling and doesn't really show a lot of upside at this point. He could drive the bus right off the cliff like you said. Riley is giving him the steering wheel so I guess we'll see.

You think any of these guys would express concern? They are as savvy as many of the coaches.

At the end of the day, the kids who are truly wanted by top programs will to top programs so they can compete for championships.

Having an offer from a program doesn't mean you're really wanted by a program in today's age of "soft" and "non-committable" offers.

Not saying that applies to this kid (probably doesn't), but we really need to stop fawning over recruiting service rankings and offer lists.

And we need to go to a true, and normal, "offer and acceptance" regime in CFB recruiting. It's absurd and unfairly biased toward top programs at the expense of recruits that we haven't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back