• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie Radley-Hiles headed to IMG Academy; Huskers appear to be his leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know a lot of people disagree with the concept of IMG as an institution, but if we get an "in" there that would be very good for recruiting. We already got Bando and seem to be near/at the top of the list to land Bookie. It wouldn't be a stretch to get a few more of these elite athletes.

I know a lot of people disagree with the concept of IMG as an institution, but if we get an "in" there that would be very good for recruiting. We already got Bando and seem to be near/at the top of the list to land Bookie. It wouldn't be a stretch to get a few more of these elite athletes.
When you said 'stretch', I'm sure you were thinking Hightower. Yep, I'm sure.

I'm not sure that IMG is such a bad thing, academically or athletically. I've been to the area and it's nice, but not nicer than California, so he's not going there for the scenery. They would be crazy not to ensure that the kids going there qualify for DI football schools academically, and don't get in trouble. In that sense, it smacks of a military academy for young kids, and for many, who otherwise would be tempted by outside things, it probably is OK. As for what the kids might think, it depends upon the kids. I don't think U of Florida gets any kind of undue leverage; it becomes a neighborhood school (at most a couple of hours away) and the kids going there from out of state have already demonstrated that they are adventurous geographically. Kids from over 80 countries attend the school. I suspect the best ones out of IMG spread out over the country. Incidentally, it's not just a football school at all.

And after all, we got a pretty good football player out of Bradenton Florida at one time, didn't we.

He will pick up that extra star I am certain.

Very possible. In all honesty though they could drop him to a 2* and he'd still be #1 on my list. Saw him at the FNL camp and he is the definition of a lock-down CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back