• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Booing During Injuries

The fake injuries were obvious, but they didn't affect the defense lack of playing fast.

This is gross. Boos were deserved.

And, the coaches kid to boot.

I was sitting next to three Indiana fans. You could tell they were kinda embarrassed that their team was employing this tactic. One even said "We are used to seeing this from Mich St and others, but not from our own team." There were 7 such instances and all but one or two were illegitimate IMO.

I have no problem booing poor sportsmanship. Shame on Indiana and it's coach. As long as you win, I guess it doesn't matter how.

When we go up tempo there is no chance for players to get off of the field if they are injured unless they go down. Even if they are just 'dinged up' and are able to return to the game, it doesn't mean that they are supposed to stay out on the field and keep playing because the offense is moving too fast for them to sub out. Immediately booing the second a player goes down is poor form.
Wait one second, that is exactly the point of the up-tempo to NOT allow subs.

make all injuries a mandatory team charged time out
any over after three a half, 5 yard penalty and automatic first down
you should be ok with 6 injuries a game

or the player gets injured he is out for the game

Let's not compound a disappointing season and loss by losing our character and identity as fans. Booing every time an Indiana player was injured was classless. It was noticed by the Indiana fans, players, and coaches.
Lala land

Time to fix the problem. If player goes down once with injury, then:
Player sits out the rest of the drive, or
Player sits out the rest of the quarter, or
Player sits out rest of half or to end of game.

If player goes down twice (or more) in one game, then
Player doesn't practice or play until after the next game. In this time, the player will under go complete physical exam and blood work up.

If a player must sit for 1 play after losing their helmet, shouldn't these other injuries be taken even more seriously?

You could call it either the Indiana (or Allen) rule.

And no booing injuries.

3rd time, lethal injection right there on the field.

How about being good enough to beat an opponent whether the opponent is (or you are) allowed to substitute or not? In other words, it is not a good look either to fake an injury to allow a substitute, or whine about it if someone does it.

Just line up and make a play.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back