• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bob Diaco to be named new Defensive Coordinator

I'm with some other people here that I would have preferred someone with more of a Midwest coaching background for recruiting reasons, but there is no denying that this guy has a good resume.
The priority for the coordinator should be on the field coaching not recruiting ...

Supposedly Arkansas was strongly rumored to be going after Diaco as DC.
Yeah I read that too but I read in an article on fox sports or espn, I think fox that bilema was struggling to find people to interview because not many want to work for him. Weather that is really true or just click bait, i will guess click bait.
Love the hire

It had to be a fast turn over for recruiting. He has time to get out and talk with recruits.

I hope he keeps the Black Shirt tradition! I like to think he would. I wonder how many of the Defense coaches he will keep?

Last edited:
Plus, he is young enough to be a HC in the wings if HCMR departs.

This is a great point. History maybe left Nebraska with a thinner coaching tree overall than the success of our program warrants. The more winners come through and go back out and say good things about this place, even if they don't actually become HC, the more options we have going forward.

I hate to be ageist, and it sucks that it's true, but recruits like young coaches.

seems MR thinks you are correct

Danny Langsdorf (born June 28, 1972)

Robert Albert Diaco (born February 19, 1973)

Trent Anthony Bray (born 1 September 1973

Reginald DeSean Davis (born September 3, 1976

John Lorin Parrella (born November 22, 1969

DONTE WILLIAMS born in 1982

KEITH WILLIAMS born in 1971

MIKE CAVANAUGH born in 1963

Last edited:
Fairly solid.

2010: 51th in total defense. 23rd in scoring defense.
2011: 30th in total defense. 24th in scoring defense.
2012: 7th in total defense. 2nd in scoring defense.
2013: 31st in total defense. 27th in scoring defense.

Not enough. We need to hire Mike Tyson or Tuco Salamanca or ex-Husker Richie Incognito. Maybe Suh?
:Sarcasm:

I hope he keeps the Black Shirt tradition! I like to think he would.

Skunk is talking to him about it at his house right now. :Biggrin: Seriously, I think Riley and Eichorst probably already talked to him about it. All they had to say was, "Oh yeah, the fans want you to keep the blackshirt tradition which is simple and easy but if you don't you're just shooting yourself in the foot. You don't generally shoot yourself in the foot do you?"

Last edited:
I've never heard this guy's name before, but he was apparently good enough to get Notre Dame into a national title game against Alabama. That's an upgrade from where we are today. Excited about what he can bring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back